Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues)

PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your PT or WB model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it....list your PT Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 06-09-2018

Default Suggestions for running wires from the basement to inside

I am preparing for my inverter installation and need some help in getting the wires from the remote to inside the PT38. I can mount the remote inside the cabinet above the driver and maybe run the wire underneath in a plastic flex conduit. Then inside next to the wall above the genset and up the pillar. I can also mount in the curbside cabinet beside the fridge that has the monitor level panel and the clock. But cannot figure out how to get to the inside. The "ceiling " of the inverter compartment is way below the floor> though I could also reuse the old Pacs wires. But my new inverter uses a flat #26 wire with an RJ45 end. I have lots of those network cables but soldering a 24 or 26 gauge wire to a 18 and 16 is tricky if not impossible. Any suggestions? Thanks

1988 PT38 La Reina Gitana II
Old 06-09-2018

Bruce I ran wires through conduit I put under the bus from front to back then up to the dash area. I also ran another set from the engine bay up into the bedroom rear closet, then along the upper areas behind the airline cabinets from back to front. Took a while but got it done.
VB 1570
Old 06-10-2018

Thanks Marcus. I am going to run that network cable under the Bird in a conduit. Lowe's Mexico has this neat flexible plastic conduit. I can get to the lower dash area from the geny side compartment. Right beside the HWH control levers.Robert Britton was telling me his Prevost comes from the factory with extra empty conduits. Great idea!

1988 PT38 La Reina Gitana II