Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Ladies > Ladies General Discussion

Ladies General Discussion Discussion of general topics that the ladies of WOG may find interesting to talk about.

Site Search:

Old 01-26-2014

Default New Ladies WOG Memberships

Lessie:
Tell Ed that he is lucky that he is not married to Vadie. Your hobby is lightweight, Vadie plays in the "mud" - clay. It is not uncommon to haul the trailer and have 8000lbs of clay with us.
Old 01-26-2014
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulipvendor50 View Post
Lessie:
Tell Ed that he is lucky that he is not married to Vadie. Your hobby is lightweight, Vadie plays in the "mud" - clay. It is not uncommon to haul the trailer and have 8000lbs of clay with us.
Holy smokes Bill that roughly 70-75 cubic feet of mud. Can Vadie throw that many pots while on vacation?? hahahahah
Old 04-27-2014

Default Newbies to BB & WOG

Hello ladies,

I would like to be part of your group. We are looking for a BB now and hopefully will have purchased in the next month. We currently live in Az. but the lease ends in May.

I am married for 17 yrs this year and have 2 daughters. One who has special needs which is why we want a BB so we can travel for this little princesses therapy and treatments.

We are packing up a second time in 4 years, selling what we have, putting some memory stuff into storage and buying a BB. We have Rvd in the past but have always loved the camaraderie and fellowship of all the birds out there.

We will be packing up in a class b sprinter and heading toward Tx, Tn, Nc, and Fla. in search of a BB so that we can be back on the West Coast by August/ September for 2 months of therapy in Anaheim, Ca.

We love company, cooking, sewing, quilting, woodworking, renovating and decorating, and we love little off the beat and path towns.

We hope to meet some of you or all of you along the way.

Paris Golec
Gilbert, Arizona ( until May 2014)
2003 Sprinter custom for daughters handicap -until she is rehabbed.

2010 Sprinter conversion " Roadrunner" (driving toad)
10' Cargo Trailer " The Egg"
Old 01-03-2015

Default At Q & a quilter

This is our first year at Q. We arrived early to get the lay of the land. I have my sewing machine and some quilt tops to work on. I have been quilting almost 2 years now and have much to learn. I'm looking forwArd to getting together with other quilters. Our bird is named "Song Bird".
Old 01-04-2015

Welcome to the group. You will have a great time at Q. There will be lots of crafts tp participate in. I am a quilter of 20 years and I quilted when I went to Q. Find Rosie she is a quilter so is Kay. I will not be there this year.
Old 02-26-2015

My husband says that all he has to put up with is pine needles. I learned to make pine needle baskets at our first WOG rally in Pine Mtn in 2009. I love creating baskets with needles I can gather for free! don't take much room and are light. Actually I don't seem to keep them for very long so space isn't much of an issue either. Thanks for this forum.
Missouri
Old 02-27-2015

Ladies,
There is an ongoing discussion on a thread about RV driving school. I encourage all of you to learn to drive your coach and do it often to keep your skills sharp. You never know when an emergency will arise and you will NEED to drive. Large empty parking lots are a great place. I get the not wanting to be taught by your spouse. Maybe a local school bus company could point you in the right direction. Guess I lucked out on that one - the day I turned 16 I passed my drivers test. When dad got home he asked it I passed. Half an hour later he came in and said "let's go". I went out the door and he had the truck and horse trailer hooked up and ready to go! (no horses inside)!!!!! That was the first time I had driven with my father. The following weekend I drove home from a horse show in Rhode Island over the TOBIN BRIDGE, Boston, MA. Yes, my heart still ends up in my throat. But I know if an emergency arises I won't panic.

Frances
1989 SP36
apdefreit@hotmail.com (Alan)
fadefreitas@outlook.com (Frances)
Old 07-03-2015

Default Do you have a second registration for the ladies group?

My family and I purchased our BB last year June 2014. We have been full-time for the past year.
We travel to rehabilitate our daughter after a severe reaction to her vaccines in 2003.
We spent the past 11 years in hotels, time shares, vacation rentals and everyones rentals. It became so difficult because of allergic reactions to many things in other peoples homes.
It was about 12 years ago we saw our first Bluebird Wanderlodge in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. It was gorgeous. I thought it was the most beautiful bus I had ever seen and I said "one day". I really had no idea that day would happen a year ago. We bought for the durability and the quality. I want my babies safe.
We are crafty, like to build and make things. We also quilt and I own Urban Organic Studios. I am also a professional certified Health Coach.
My first and foremost position is to care for my children. My daughter who was vaccine injured is my full time position currently. We also homeschool because of the medical travel.
We love our BB. I would love to be a part of the this group and to see how everyone else travels and lives in their BB.
We have made renovations in our BB and I love decorating and making it ours. We have also made good friends with the guys at Coach craft in Columbus GA.
I have been working to set up websites of our travels and our daughters story of how she is a miracle.
Please visit our sites and sign the comments to let us know you visited our sites.
The BB site of our travels is www.Beachnest.net
Our daughters website to help other families is www.Abigaile.org
My blog of quilts is www.UrbanOrganicstudios.com
Please share and visit.

Paris and Allen Golec , Natascha (Teen) Abigaile (Pre-teen) Snail (Escargo)
2000 LX ME ( The Beach Nest) 8' Cargo ( The Egg) 22' Sprinter ( The Roadrunner)
2010 Sprinter conversion " Roadrunner" (driving toad)
10' Cargo Trailer " The Egg"
Old 07-03-2015
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris View Post
Do you have a second registration for the ladies group?
Just one WOG membership is all that is required for anything here on the forum. You may also be interested in our Wanderlodge Owners Group Facebook Page

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 07-03-2015
Goat rails in the sunset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris View Post
We are crafty, like to build and make things. We also quilt and I own Urban Organic Studios.
I took a look at your blogs, and pics utterly blew me away! Thanks for blogging ABOUT WHAT YOU DO, we live in curious times and I think your awareness of the change (to allergens, and allergies) is very progressive and modern. It is a paradigm shift, but we're open to new ways of looking at things.

I'm looking forward to more
Portsmouth, Va