Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Craigs List, Ebay, Coaches and other Finds

Craigs List, Ebay, Coaches and other Finds Other Coaches or anything else you have found for sale that others here might want to know about.

Site Search:

Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiavette View Post
I've been contacted by a couple of folks that wanted to see the photos that were taken during our visit. In reviewing those photos and the post/notes we made on the coach I wanted to call out one item folks might want to take a very good look at.

The exhaust tip extending from the roof has had a very iffy repair made as noted from the attached photo. As exhaust system failures can potentially cause catastrophic fires whomever purchases this coach should make a full inspection of it.
That is a pretty good indication of how well this coach was taken care of. Anyone that would cob up something like that would do anything, but the proper thing. I wouldn't touch that coach. I have a feeling the guy that has experience with dealing with this outfit may have a point. I don't know who did that exhaust fix, if it was the owner or the current seller, but one of them is an idiot.

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 1 Week Ago

There may be a very good risk:reward potential with this one. Receipts and overall condition tell a different story , by one owner up until very recent time. If you were ready to wash your hands of it d/t financial, health or multitude of other potential reasons , would you be concerned about the exhaust
Repair? A diamond appears to be a worthless rock until some skill and expertise is focused upon it, just sayin.
Old 1 Week Ago

I think Jim is entirely correct. I'd expect it needs a whole new exhaust system, too. The right person, at the right price, could bring this one back. The sellers sure look sleazy, though. I'd be very careful, and have the engine and transmission checked.
Old 1 Week Ago

Yes the right person? What we ( this band of brothers ) is trying to do is to provide information and yes opinions as well so that the coaches do end up in the right hands . From experience we know that they almost all require more then is apparent at first glance . And I suppose we are pretty hard on those sellers that make attempts to take advantage.

While I personally am hard set against the project buses I am willing to consider that they are fine for those who have what it has been suggested is needed to take them on. Experience probably most important . We see several folks a year get in to projects which clearly are too much for them. We don't aim to discourage just to try to prevent discouragement which does happen if you get in over your head.

There is a lot of help here but probably the most help is getting the right bus to the right person

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia
Old 1 Week Ago

A couple of unsolicited thoughts:

1. I've asked sellers to walk around an item and photo, up close, any flaw they can find, even the smallest in the interest of "not wanting to torpedo a deal, but just know what to expect". Everything looks shiny in pictures, until you get up real close.

2. I went closely through the pictures again. They are small, so hard to see any level of detail. But 12V+ jump start lug cover is removed, maybe it was just jump started?

The engine shows no sign of leaks. Fasteners nor sheet metal nor structural members mostly don't show corrosion (I've seen many that look worse in photos).
Battery compartment looks pretty tidy, too.

There doesn't seem to be coolant in the generator overflow, but that is minor. The generator itself shows very clean.

2. If it were me, I'd pay for a pre-purchase inspection by a knowledgeable third party. There are folks on WOG that would be a good resource, perhaps a Prevost or other high end RV repair facility, etc. If the seller won't do that, I'd say no thanks.
If they will and you are confident in your inspector, negotiate price off for their findings and pull the trigger.

3. I feel it is OK to deal with internet slime balls as long as you know with what you are dealing. The third party inspection should give you that ammunition. It is not at all unusual for a used vehicle seller to try and make the most money possible on a given sale. Trust but verify is a good strategy in any case, really.

Good luck!

Doug
Old 1 Day Ago

Now listed out of Denver for $85,000...with a Kentucky phone number

https://denver.craigslist.org/rvs/d/...504550343.html