Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > BMC (Bluebird Motor Coach Unique Issues)

BMC (Bluebird Motor Coach Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your BMC coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....List your BMC Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 03-24-2016

Default cockpit heat question - how to add a cutoff

The dash AC works great until the coach gets to operating temp, then it's just so so. PO had found found an issue where the heater coolant flow was not being restricted all the way when the temp slider on the dash was slid all the way to "cold"...he made an adjustment and cooling improved. I want to improve cooling even further by adding a complete cutoff (like the non-spartan bb's have) but I have some questions on how the system is truly setup.

Is the dash heat provided by actual engine coolant or is it aquahot coolant that has been heated by the engine? (If so, I can just add a cutoff to whichever line is running from the aquahot up to the dash area).

If it is indeed engine coolant, does anybody have a recommended location for adding a shutoff? I haven't looked under the bus much yet and am not sure how the coolant lines are run and what they are made of.

Any risk in adding a shutoff valve?

thanks!
1984 FC35RB Sold
Old 03-24-2016

Default Dwayne

I installed a quarter turn ball value about 3 years ago inside front access area, put it in hot side, supply side it comes right from engine. This will stop all coolant from reaching heater core . little tip put vice grips on heater hose before removing hose and loosen radiator cap no pressure on system. When you need heat open door and open value works great.
Old 03-24-2016
ANOTHER REDNECK

our 94 has cutoffs on the engine but that kills the hot water dual function --up front the whole system is shut down but the system has the same pressure as the engine

either way the valve need to be off during hot summer like cars and trucks used to be!!!!
Just a Hobby Shop now-Bird Repairs upon Appt and my Schedule -USAR Retired
Pleasanton Tx 78064
Do not use PM... please use
rwoody@fullnet.net
http://www.ebay.com/usr/woody19571