Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 02-21-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNOWBIRD View Post
Seem a pretty healthy company, wish I bought some stock a few years ago

Randy & Deborah Turner
'97 WLWB 43'
"horizons..."

Travel Blog
Old 02-21-2020

Back in the day there were RV builders that had custom chassis. Monaco with the RR10S had 10 air bags and was a semi monocoque. Our Dynasty is built on that chassis. Alpine made their own chassis and many tout it as one of the best. The guy who designed it was not an engineer. The only drawabck was the air over hydraulic brakes. That designer went on to build the Tiffin Powerglide chassis. Beaver built their own chassis until they were bought by Monaco. Fleetwood mostly used the low end Freightliner chassis. Their American line was a custom build. They bought the front and rear clips from Spartan and a local fab shop built the chassis. This gave them the advantage to alter layouts without having to move tanks. Newmar has a newer chassis but I dont know who makes it. Used on the new King Aire. They are selling this as a Prevost equivalent without the high price. (I dont think so). The Rev group was using a Freightliner that was modified. I guess now they will have a custom chassis. Too bad that all these companies still make plastic flimsy units! If you have been to one of the factories in the last few years you will quickly see the fast pace of construction. It is crazy. No wonder the workers are using drugs.

1988 PT38 La Reina Gitana II
Old 02-21-2020
Forum owner

I ahve not been to an RV show in years,but the last one i attended the class A coachs had custom chassis's built in house,thats why i'm surprised that so many are using Spartan.
Good call on the rv bulders ,using spartan.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 02-21-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
Newmar has a newer chassis but I dont know who makes it. Used on the new King Aire. They are selling this as a Prevost equivalent without the high price. (I dont think so).
Newmar’s 2020 King Aire as well as their Essex and London Aire are using the Spartan K3 605 chassis. 2020 Entegra Cornerstone is the other coach using that Spartan chassis. One can hope that Winnebago, who finalized Newmar purchase in 11/2019, will let that division continue to make their own build decisions, but who knows. Entera seemed to do well after being bought by Jayco, but jury is still out now that Thor has bought Jayco. Thor certainly did no favors for new Airstream customers. IMHO, consolidation in the RV industry has resulted in the “dumbing down” of even the most respected brands.
hexspeed@aol.com
Phone # in Member Profile