Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > RV Lifestyle > First-Timers and Newcomers

First-Timers and Newcomers Are you a first-timer, newcomer, or even a "wannabe"? This is the place to get your questions anwered.

Site Search:

Old 07-26-2013

Default This love birds story.

I finally caught my bird, after many many years of wanting then looking and making offers, and missing a few, I finally got mine. Thanks to all the people who made it possible, this forum is a great resource and community. I went through Randy, which helped. He works with you every step of the way and offers good advice. I owe SD-Jim a big thanks. He went out and looked at the Bird I bought before I bought it, and spent a few hours running through the bird and getting me familiar with the systems and offering some seriously good advice on driving. Also the previous owners for taking such good care of this great example of American workmanship.
I actually purchased the bird six weeks ago I just haven't taken the time to post. When I arrived home I started a list of things to fix and that list gets long fast. I have repaired a minor problem with my genny. At some point someone worked on the fuel relay and did not tighten it down all the way, so it vibrated and one of the wires which wasn't crimped to well slowly broke and made a poor connection.
It is a tinkers dream, plenty to upgrade or not some minor bugs to work out(nothing like Windows, whatever version they're on), I'm having a great time. No major trips yet but hope to get out soon. Hope to meet some more of you-all real soon.
Old 07-26-2013

Happy for you and your new to you bird. A Wanderlodge is a tinkers dream for sure.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 07-26-2013

Congratulations on the new to you Bird. Happy trails.

Jim and Michele Walters
2000 LX ME
'93 WLWB (Sold)
Bluebird of Happiness
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
260-224-1278
Old 07-26-2013
Got One

Welcome Kiki B...I'm always doing something to my BB, and now since I've relaxed and grown accustom to messing / tinkering with systems, its getting more fun when seeking out and fixing things that need fixin I found it helpful to establish a minor/major fix list of importance: Meaning, driving the BB down the road reliability being number one, and parked at the camp site number two
Old 07-26-2013

Default Welcome!!

Hope you enjoy your Bird as much as we have. Oh yes the tinker toy that never is "done". I love mine and every rusty Mopar I have ever owned! I also have to thank the Forum owners, moderators and members of the WOG or else my bird may still be wounded. Glad to be here and hope to see you on the road!!
Old 07-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelwheels View Post
I finally caught my bird, after many many years of wanting then looking and making offers, and missing a few, I finally got mine. Thanks to all the people who made it possible, this forum is a great resource and community. I went through Randy, which helped. He works with you every step of the way and offers good advice. I owe SD-Jim a big thanks. He went out and looked at the Bird I bought before I bought it, and spent a few hours running through the bird and getting me familiar with the systems and offering some seriously good advice on driving. Also the previous owners for taking such good care of this great example of American workmanship.
I actually purchased the bird six weeks ago I just haven't taken the time to post. When I arrived home I started a list of things to fix and that list gets long fast. I have repaired a minor problem with my genny. At some point someone worked on the fuel relay and did not tighten it down all the way, so it vibrated and one of the wires which wasn't crimped to well slowly broke and made a poor connection.
It is a tinkers dream, plenty to upgrade or not some minor bugs to work out(nothing like Windows, whatever version they're on), I'm having a great time. No major trips yet but hope to get out soon. Hope to meet some more of you-all real soon.
Did you purchase your coach from Carl & Jean Eichenlaub?

2000 LX40 Millennium Limited Edition #4 of 6
1987 PT38 8V92 "MacAttack Racing" SOLD
1974 FC31 534 gas engine, air brakes (sold)
Anaheim Hills, Calif.
714 269-6187

Do Not Send PM (Private Messages) Please
curtsprenger@gmail.com
Old 07-26-2013

Welcome to WOG. If you have questions...we have answers. Lots of people here that are willing to spend some time teaching you about the various systems.

I live along side old route 66, The Mother Road, just a few hours SW of you!
SOLD 89 FC in 2012; SOLD 88 WB in 2016
Rolla, MO 65401
Old 07-26-2013
Campground Owner

KiKi

Welcome to the IL crowd.
www.xcreekrv.com
35°31'08.6"N 83°03'38.8"W
Old 07-26-2013

Congrats on the new to you Bird! Keep tinkering away at that list and a fine Bird you will have I'm sure.
3208T 250hp
Allison MT-643
Rear End 5.29
Old 07-26-2013
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelwheels View Post

It looks like we are going to have a great gathering of WOG members and their 'Birds during the 2013 Michigan Rally 8/22 to 8/25, 2013, you may want to join us there.

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11