Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues)

PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your PT or WB model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it....list your PT Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 04-03-2015

Default Dual Water Pumps

I only run my water off the tanks. Using the washer/dryer the other day something happened and it dumped all my fresh water to my gray tank and ran the fresh water dry.

No problem I thought, fill the fresh tank. Then noticed one of my water pumps looked dry and was running constantly. No problem I thought, the PO gave me a spare pump and I’ll just swap it out. I did that and the pump still running dry.

I guess my question is about the Pressure and Suction valves that come and go from the pumps? It seems the pump A is getting no water? I do not see any kinks.

Ideas before I get too deep.

Randy & Deborah Turner
'97 WLWB 43'
"horizons..."

Travel Blog
Old 04-03-2015

Seems to me there are a couple of issues here. From what you describe for some reason all the water from your fresh tank ended up in the grey tank. To me I would suspect the washer. Sounds like a valve failed to close on the washer and allowed the pumps to continue to pump water into the washer until the tank was empty. I would start by shutting the taps to the washer and trouble shoot the system without the complication of the washing machine.
The water pumps run when the pressure falls in the system. So a pump will run continuously when there is no water. I would fill my water tank. select the pump that is dry (assuming you can run on one pump) and try to get it to prime itself by running water through a tap somewhere. Then when the pumps are back to running correctly, then I would look at the washing machine situation.
Hope this helps.
96wb42
Mid Door
Old 04-03-2015

Well onto whatever happened with the W/D, probably user related but that was about 75 gallons straight to gray. I went back out and took off both intake and outtake to the pump and blew in them. It all came back and primed.

Randy & Deborah Turner
'97 WLWB 43'
"horizons..."

Travel Blog
Old 04-03-2015

OK . Tried the W/D again, ran to gray. Tripped circuit, no difference. Tried old tv trick and kicked and shook it. Started working correctly. I'm on a roll...Next.

Randy & Deborah Turner
'97 WLWB 43'
"horizons..."

Travel Blog

Last edited by Randy T; 04-03-2015 at 03:02 PM.
Old 04-05-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy T View Post
OK . Tried the W/D again, ran to gray. Tripped circuit, no difference. Tried old tv trick and kicked and shook it. Started working correctly. I'm on a roll...Next.
Wait until you forget to empty the gray water...before it is around you ankles in the shower, it fills the washing machine (if it is in a bay. like mine). Then you walk out there with a load of clothes to do open the door and TIDAL WAVE! Ask me how I know ...

1994 WB40 and a slow '73 Nova SS
Palomino Valley, NV

Where we are...

Once more I have to ask "What did humans ever do to deserve dogs?"

Map of Service Centers