Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Ladies > Ethel's Cookbook & Your Favorite Recipes

Ethel's Cookbook & Your Favorite Recipes I haven't met a potluck that I didn't like, and that goes double for rally ones! Please post your recipes here with your name, where you're from, and cooking instructions, you can also e-mail them to me at jehdds@hotmail.com. Thanks, Ethel (bubblerboy's other half!)

Site Search:

Old 11-26-2019
Forum owner

Default Bread pudding!

Yummy!!
I love bread pudding and the other night i made a big pan of it.
It was awesome!!
I used (instead of bread) Eggo waffles,and instead of rum for the sauce i used Baileys Irish Cream,but don't cook all of the alcohol out!!

I never measure anything so its kinda hard to give a step by step recipe but mostly its brown sugar,cinnamon,eggs,coarse salt and eggos,then the sauce is butter,brown sugar and Baileys and salt.

I'm not supposed to eat this stuff but i made it as a test,for my xmas dinner in a few weeks (already did thanksgiving ).

I'm doing a deep fried prime rib and bread pudding,cornbread oyster dressing and collard greens,and i have to have roasted brussell sprouts with onions and garlic.
I may fry a small turkey too,since the grease will be hot!

Bread pudding:
i box of eggos
1 stick of butter
2 eggs
brown sugar
Half and half milk
coarse salt

Mix the eggs,brown sugar and milk in a bowl,add the melted butter (not too hot)
Stir that all in well and add a dash of salt.
Tear the Eggos into small pieces and put in a casserole pan.
Stir the eggs,sugar and all that stuff into the Eggos,getting it well mixed.
Toss it in the oven at 375 and take it out when the top is brown and the pudding in kinda spongy (use the back side of a spoon to test.
It takes maybe 45 min?

Sauce:
Melted butter,brown sugar and a dash of salt,mix it all well on low heat to melt the sugar.
Once the sugar is melted pretty good add a shot (or 2) of Baileys,mix well,remove from heat.
Have a shot of Baileys over ice for yourself!

I did add a dash of cinnamon to the pudding,some people say to use nutmeg too,but i didn't have any.
I didn't have raisins either or coconut or i would have added them too.
No worries,it was still awesome!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 11-26-2019

I was just looking at some bread pudding recipes, I love me some but I've never made it. Dumb question - the Eggos are defrosted, yes?

I'm doing a deboned turkey rolled up with sausage cornbread stuffing inside, taters, gravy. I'm smoking a turkey for a friend. Once you have it you gotta have it. The gravy from a smoked turkey is pretty awesome, too.
Old 11-26-2019
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by badandy View Post
I was just looking at some bread pudding recipes, I love me some but I've never made it. Dumb question - the Eggos are defrosted, yes?

I'm doing a deboned turkey rolled up with sausage cornbread stuffing inside, taters, gravy. I'm smoking a turkey for a friend. Once you have it you gotta have it. The gravy from a smoked turkey is pretty awesome, too.

The Eggos were pretty much defrosted,the center ones were a little cold but they don't stay frozen very long.
Lots of air in a eggo.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 11-26-2019
Forum owner

Cornbread dressing.
WE don't stuff birds with dressing at my house.
I make some good (not sweet) cornbread,then crumble it all up in a big bowl,add chopped celery and chopped onions,salt pepper etc.
Add one can of Hatch chilis,or if you have frozen chilis (i do) just shave off enough from the frozen hunk to season the dressing well.
Add a pint of fresh oysters.
add a large can of chicken stock and mix it all well.
Bake it in the oven until firm and brown on top.
Make a big bowl of bacon grease brown gravy to top it with after serving.
Mushrooms are good too.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 11-26-2019
Forum owner

Since we morphed into prime rib,heres how you fry it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vzujptGvMo

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 11-26-2019

Deep fried beef is pretty awesome. I prefer it over the smoked beef for most cuts... Kent Rollins is the man, I watch all of his health-food videos.
Old 11-26-2019

Here is a little known fact. When I got out of the Army I worked in the building industry for a couple of years and learned the carpentry trade, but I was ambitious and there was no advancement. So I answered an ad for a manager trainee job with an outfit called MCL Cafeterias out of Indy. So I went to work for them and did quite well for 5 years until my passion for being a State Trooper took over and I left. But while I was with them I learned a lot about cooking. Before that I couldn't boil water, now I am kind of like you Randy, I cook all the time. One of the best bread puddings I have ever eaten was an MCL recipe. They, along with many other food service establishments do their absolute best to use "leftovers" and cut their food costs. MCL made some killer cinnamon rolls and of course at the end of the day there were leftovers. So the next day the desert cook would take the cinnamon rolls, which were huge, dice them up, throw them in a large bowl. Then in a huge Hobart mixer would go butter, eggs, milk, brown sugar. Not much else needed because the cinnamon rolls were loaded with cinnamon (duh!) and sugar already. I can't give you amounts either because that was over 45 years ago and the recipe made something in the order of 50 servings at a minimum. I like your sauce better than theirs

One of their most popular pies was called Pecan Delight. It was all leftover pies You take chocolate pie with whipped cream, butterscotch, banana and coconut cream pies, remove the meringue and leave the whipped cream and the pie goes into a big Hobart mixing bowl. Pie shell and all. Throw in some whole pecans, and mix. Then get a fresh pie shell, fill it and top it with fresh whipped cream and sprinkle chopped pecans on top. You couldn't keep that stuff coming fast enough. There were times we would take fresh pies and make it to satisfy the requests for Pecan Delight. There were other things that seemed to sell better the second time around than the first. We did the same with fruit pies and called it Fruit Delight, but it was in second place compared to the Pecan Delight.

Jim and Michele Walters
2000 LX ME
'93 WLWB (Sold)
Bluebird of Happiness
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
260-224-1278
Old 11-26-2019
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by badandy View Post
Deep fried beef is pretty awesome. I prefer it over the smoked beef for most cuts... Kent Rollins is the man, I watch all of his health-food videos.
Hes awesome!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 11-26-2019
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by isp2952 View Post
Here is a little known fact. When I got out of the Army I worked in the building industry for a couple of years and learned the carpentry trade, but I was ambitious and there was no advancement. So I answered an ad for a manager trainee job with an outfit called MCL Cafeterias out of Indy. So I went to work for them and did quite well for 5 years until my passion for being a State Trooper took over and I left. But while I was with them I learned a lot about cooking. Before that I couldn't boil water, now I am kind of like you Randy, I cook all the time. One of the best bread puddings I have ever eaten was an MCL recipe. They, along with many other food service establishments do their absolute best to use "leftovers" and cut their food costs. MCL made some killer cinnamon rolls and of course at the end of the day there were leftovers. So the next day the desert cook would take the cinnamon rolls, which were huge, dice them up, throw them in a large bowl. Then in a huge Hobart mixer would go butter, eggs, milk, brown sugar. Not much else needed because the cinnamon rolls were loaded with cinnamon (duh!) and sugar already. I can't give you amounts either because that was over 45 years ago and the recipe made something in the order of 50 servings at a minimum. I like your sauce better than theirs

One of their most popular pies was called Pecan Delight. It was all leftover pies You take chocolate pie with whipped cream, butterscotch, banana and coconut cream pies, remove the meringue and leave the whipped cream and the pie goes into a big Hobart mixing bowl. Pie shell and all. Throw in some whole pecans, and mix. Then get a fresh pie shell, fill it and top it with fresh whipped cream and sprinkle chopped pecans on top. You couldn't keep that stuff coming fast enough. There were times we would take fresh pies and make it to satisfy the requests for Pecan Delight. There were other things that seemed to sell better the second time around than the first. We did the same with fruit pies and called it Fruit Delight, but it was in second place compared to the Pecan Delight.

my favorite place to eat within 300 miles mkes bread pudding with 3 day old Krispy Kreme doughnuts!
Yummy!!
They buy the doughnuts and let them sit 3 days,get a little "crunch" going on before they make puddin...

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 11-26-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by isp2952 View Post
We did the same with fruit pies and called it Fruit Delight, but it was in second place compared to the Pecan Delight.
I think my mom went to the same school, except she was more obvious about it - Wednesday night surprise, Thu night surprise, lol.