Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Toads and Trailers General discussion and For Sale or Wanted

Toads and Trailers General discussion and For Sale or Wanted Toads general discussion and list your Toads or Trailers and others that you have found For Sale and Wanted and also discussions about them here.

Site Search:

Old 02-01-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
Wow, a great idea...a main house and a guest house!
Mother in law quarters?
Old 02-01-2020

Andy, It wouldn't be as exotic as a 3800 transaxle, but what about taking the entire drivetrain out of a TJ or XJ with the 4.0. You'd get the bonus of 4WD when you get a craving for a "Pasty" and the snow's 3 ft. deep. Plus you don't have to fool around with a drive line disconnect...
(678) 438-3184
georgiacorvette@outlook.com
WOG Service Center Database (replaces WOG Maps)
MeWe: https://mewe.com/i/karengulrich
Old 02-02-2020

Got these over here in the Seattle area.
5K or less
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vw van.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	66127  
Old 02-06-2020

FWIW, I have owned a 1966 Chevrolet panel van since the van craze of the 70s. It has three on the tree with a 250 CI six cylinder engine. I used it for years as a camper/party van. It towed my sand buggy on a trailer with no issues. In fact once I "raced" my friend in his Ford van with a 302 engine. We raced starting at 60 MPH. At 75-80 I was pulling away from him and he quit.

My recommendation would be a 250 or 292 six cylinder engine. The later model had a larger engine bay and could fit a V8. I have seen V8s in the early ones but the exhaust manifolds were extremely tight.

Just my opinion.
1999, Jeep Cherokee, Toad
1970, VW Baja Bug, Alternate Toad
Old 02-06-2020

Nice! I'm still on the lookout for one. I don't need to do a V8. An interesting EFI straight 6 would be fine with me. If it's original and good, well, I probably won't find that now will I? If it's got a 250 or 292 I'll keep it.
Old 02-06-2020

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by badandy View Post
My wife isn't here to tell me no, so what about you's guys? I always thought one of these little vans would be a cool toad. This one is local and $3k, it's a project for sure.

Hope the price includes the trailer
Old 02-06-2020

I don't know, but someone else bought it from Oklahoma. Argh. One day before I saw the ad. I have a fine trailer, suitable for hauling little vans around
Old 02-07-2020

I just saw an episode of a hot rod show I had recorded, think it was Texas Steel. The builder was from Texas, obviously, and did some pretty nice work. He had a Ford Falcon van about that size that he rebuilt and used a Ford 4 cyl. motor with turbos that made over 300 hp. If I remember right. I can't remember anything else about the motor other than it was small and an easy fit. They used a tricked out steering system and did away with the straight front axle and I think used an air bag suspension. Anyway, if you can look at a copy of the show it might give you some ideas.

Bob Sumners
1993 WB
1983 PT35 Sold
Old 02-07-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptPegLeg View Post
I just saw an episode of a hot rod show I had recorded, think it was Texas Steel. The builder was from Texas, obviously, and did some pretty nice work. He had a Ford Falcon van about that size that he rebuilt and used a Ford 4 cyl. motor with turbos that made over 300 hp. If I remember right. I can't remember anything else about the motor other than it was small and an easy fit. They used a tricked out steering system and did away with the straight front axle and I think used an air bag suspension. Anyway, if you can look at a copy of the show it might give you some ideas.

I do not mean to hijack this thread content but just wanted to give a shout out to the Captain... Capt, it is good to see you posting. I hope all is well for you and your family health-wise.

Timothy

(H) 336-66TWO-8333
(M) 336-33NINE-8033
Please email Private Messages
(E) timothy@devane.net

Old 02-07-2020

An LF4 from a Cadillac ATS-V is 3.6 L with twin turbos for 455 HP, or something like that. I am putting one with a TR 6060 in my '67 C10 , hopefully running this summer. But the joy is the journey. LOL

Darryl from D