Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Craigs List, Ebay, Coaches and other Finds

Craigs List, Ebay, Coaches and other Finds Other Coaches or anything else you have found for sale that others here might want to know about.

Site Search:

Old 02-11-2020

That bus is a twin to mine. Not identical twins but twins. Everything is the same as far as colors inside and out even down to wallpaper and the valance treatment, but mine has one one couch and a table and recliner, where the other couch is and mine also has the north south bed not the east west bed. The north south bed is preferable if you are a tall guy and your feet hang out over the end and sleep on the left side of the bed. Michele insisted on that configuration for our new bus. She got tired of "jumping hurdles" in the middle of the night if she or the dog had to pee.

Jim and Michele Walters
2000 LX ME
'93 WLWB (Sold)
Bluebird of Happiness
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
260-224-1278
Old 02-11-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by isp2952 View Post
That bus is a twin to mine. Not identical twins but twins. Everything is the same as far as colors inside and out even down to wallpaper and the valance treatment, but mine has one one couch and a table and recliner, where the other couch is and mine also has the north south bed not the east west bed. The north south bed is preferable if you are a tall guy and your feet hang out over the end and sleep on the left side of the bed. Michele insisted on that configuration for our new bus. She got tired of "jumping hurdles" in the middle of the night if she or the dog had to pee.
LOL - yeah, I'm not tall enough to hang off a queen-size bed, but my wife hates being stuck in the corner in our travel trailer. She'll be OK in this, since there's room to get out between the bed and the closet.

How has maintenance been on your bus? Anything major you've had to do, or were most of the kinks worked out by the time the early 00's came around?
Old 02-11-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodeKille View Post
LOL - yeah, I'm not tall enough to hang off a queen-size bed, but my wife hates being stuck in the corner in our travel trailer. She'll be OK in this, since there's room to get out between the bed and the closet.

How has maintenance been on your bus? Anything major you've had to do, or were most of the kinks worked out by the time the early 00's came around?
Billy,
If your looking for one that’s well maintained and up to date, you may want to take a look at the 2003 LX40 500HP, that’s for sale on Facebook. Sounds like it’s up to date with maintenance, etc. Just saw where he dropped the price.

Kent & Pearl Glover
1985 FC-35RB "Wild and Wanderful"
Tampa, Fl
(813) 454-6347
Email: juballer22@gmail.com
Old 02-11-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodeKille View Post

I am fortunate, in that I had a very good previous owner and he kept things up well. There is only one thing that I dislike about this bus versus my old WB. The lighting situation. There are a lot less lights and switches that control the lights that I have. In other words like walking into the bathroom from the kitchen, there isn't a switch to turn on the lights. You have to walk into a dark hole and feel around for the light switch on the front of the vanity. So I eliminated that issue in the main bath and the toilet room both, by putting in a motion sensing light. Then you can see in there to at least find the light switch. Once the main lights are on the motion sensor light goes out, because it senses light also. There is always a way to get around things if you think about it. I haven't had the bus long enough to have any mechanical issues to deal with.

Jim and Michele Walters
2000 LX ME
'93 WLWB (Sold)
Bluebird of Happiness
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
260-224-1278
Old 02-11-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman9096 View Post
Billy,
If your looking for one that’s well maintained and up to date, you may want to take a look at the 2003 LX40 500HP, that’s for sale on Facebook. Sounds like it’s up to date with maintenance, etc. Just saw where he dropped the price.
I can't find that one. Do you happen to have a link, and the area it's in?

Edit: is it the one in Pleasanton, TX? Looks nice as well. Did they switch the side the kitchen is on between 2000 and 2003, or was this some kind of custom job?

Thanks.
Old 02-11-2020

I'd check for water damage on electrical components. The window next to driver's seat has water stain, a little close to the transmission control panel.

Back to wanna be status
Old 02-12-2020
Forum owner

the black one in Ohio is calling your name!!
I had someone look it over yesterday and he said its the cleanest coach hes ever seen.
He liked every part of it.
Too bad his wife did not like the interior!!
So they are still looking.
The owner is on site for a few more days,why not jump on a plane and go check it out?

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 02-12-2020
ANOTHER REDNECK

the one on face book is mine..

https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...ad.php?t=34753

here is the link here on WOG

no water damage that i can see..on that pic comment
Just a Hobby Shop now-Bird Repairs upon Appt and my Schedule -USAR Retired
Pleasanton Tx 78064
Do not use PM... please use
rwoody@fullnet.net
http://www.ebay.com/usr/woody19571

Old 02-12-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
the black one in Ohio is calling your name!!
I had someone look it over yesterday and he said its the cleanest coach hes ever seen.
He liked every part of it.
Too bad his wife did not like the interior!!
So they are still looking.
The owner is on site for a few more days,why not jump on a plane and go check it out?
Yeah - the interior is the sticking point for us as well. I think you'd either love it or hate it. Unfortunately, I live in Oakland Raider country, and I'm not a Raiders fan, so I'd have to fend off those guys every time I took it out...

Still on the short list, though....sigh.
Old 02-12-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRasman View Post
Not a problem. Hope it works out for you. I’ll let him know as soon as you get me the info. His name is Barry.
Chris - thanks to Lance, I was able to track the bus to Bird Connection, and got ahold of Bill. Looks like it's in San Antonio, not Denver - apparently the Internet dealer from RVT has their location in Denver, but the RVs are all over the place, and he doesn't answer emails or the phone.

Thanks a ton for the offer. I really appreciate it.

Now to find someone near San Antonio who can inspect it.