Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Good, Bad, and Ugly > Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics

Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics Good Places To Stop For Repairs And Maintenance, Mobile Mechanics, Or Bad Places To Avoid Too -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please add the names of facilities that you can recommend for service and repairs for a 'Bird, or those places to avoid for the same things. Be sure to give as much information as you can....... NAME OF BUSINESS..... BUSINESS LOCATION..... BUSINESS PHONE NUMBER..... BUSINESS CONTACT PERSON..... YEAR/ MODEL/ENGINE/TRANS OF 'BIRD WORKED ON..... WHAT ARE THEIR HOURLY REPAIR RATES..... SERVICE WAS GOOD, OR BAD..... WHAT KIND OF SERVICE, OR REPAIR WAS DONE..... REASON YOU RECOMMEND, OR AVOID DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM..... YOUR NAME..... Here is a tip about how to post your record and comments. First copy the topics above and then open a "New Thread" with the NAME OF THE BUSINESS and/or the TOWN WHERE THE BUSINESS IS LOCATED, then paste what you just copied there and then fill in the information.

Site Search:

Old 02-17-2020

Default USA Luxury Coaches

Terry and I will be taking our 94 WB to USA Luxury Coaches next week to have the refrigerator swapped out. We have talked with them several times and they have always been very professional and helpful. We also reached out to WOG members and have gotten good feedback on their current and previous visits.

Lance and Terry Wilson
Decatur, Al
1994 WB
1979 FC31
1983 PT40 (Sold)
Lance.wilson59@gmail.com
386-785-5551
Old 02-17-2020

A lot of the work done on our bus prior to our purchase was performed by them. I don't know what the condition of our bus was prior to our purchase but I can say that they did good work on everything that they did except for one item.

Our bus had a new refrigerator installed including new windshields. No issues to speak of. I understand that is the only way to get a new refrigerator in. A new satellite was installed and thus far we have not used it. I assume that it works as advertised. Full service was performed by them and again everything was done with no issues as far as I can ascertain.

A new Pioneer video display was installed and it performs as well as it can. I assume they installed a new rear camera with the unit but I can't verify that. If they did install a new camera it was placed in the same location behind the glass encapsulated recess at the back of the bus. It renders it marginal at best. More troubling is that they installed the display using the existing running light /head light circuit at the front of the bus. The camera dims to the point that it is pretty much useless during the day or at night if you have your running lights on or your headlights. Lots of discussion on the fix for that. I give them an F for that install. So overall I would give them an A for everything done on my bus except for the display install.

Old 02-17-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof_T View Post
A lot of the work done on our bus prior to our purchase was performed by them. I don't know what the condition of our bus was prior to our purchase but I can say that they did good work on everything that they did except for one item.

Our bus had a new refrigerator installed including new windshields. No issues to speak of. I understand that is the only way to get a new refrigerator in. A new satellite was installed and thus far we have not used it. I assume that it works as advertised. Full service was performed by them and again everything was done with no issues as far as I can ascertain.

A new Pioneer video display was installed and it performs as well as it can. I assume they installed a new rear camera with the unit but I can't verify that. If they did install a new camera it was placed in the same location behind the glass encapsulated recess at the back of the bus. It renders it marginal at best. More troubling is that they installed the display using the existing running light /head light circuit at the front of the bus. The camera dims to the point that it is pretty much useless during the day or at night if you have your running lights on or your headlights. Lots of discussion on the fix for that. I give them an F for that install. So overall I would give them an A for everything done on my bus except for the display install.
Darris , Have you called and spoke to USA Coach about your complaint ? I have found over the years of coach ownership even the experts make mistakes and you only need to call them and give them a opportunity to correct your issue . I think a F is a bit harsh , lol Remember you are talking about a team that builds 2m dollar coaches

2000 LXI Single Slide (sold)
1999 Prevost Vantare 45

Ormond Beach, Florida
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
www.fastcubes.com
Old 02-17-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof_T View Post

So the camera and screen were installed prior to you purchasing the coach? Do you know if it worked properly whenever it was originally installed? I would think the owner that had the work done at the time would have complained. How long ago did they have it done? I assume you fixed it or had it fixed to know thats the problem? I'm curious did it come with a transferable lifetime warranty?

Not trying to be a jerk but this things do have some weird electrical issues at times and not sure something installed some time ago isn't now a new issue to be fair
1999 Blue Bird 43LXi
Body # F123448
Chassis # 84788
Old 02-17-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by al perna View Post
Darris , Have you called and spoke to USA Coach about your complaint ? I have found over the years of coach ownership even the experts make mistakes and you only need to call them and give them a opportunity to correct your issue . I think a F is a bit harsh , lol Remember you are talking about a team that builds 2m dollar coaches

No I've not called them. Their location is not within driving distance to me and it's not worth the trouble. I have a mechanic local that will fix it. I honestly don't think the PO drove the bus that much after the repairs were made including the camera. If he did and was OK with the display I can only assume that he didn't turn on the running lights or the head lamps. It does a reasonable job without any lights on but just barely. The display can't be tilted properly and glare from the sun does not help either. They just installed the unit without regard to it's performance. Perhaps an F is harsh but after all I am a professor. LOL

Old 02-17-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief607 View Post
So the camera and screen were installed prior to you purchasing the coach? Do you know if it worked properly whenever it was originally installed? I would think the owner that had the work done at the time would have complained. How long ago did they have it done? I assume you fixed it or had it fixed to know thats the problem? I'm curious did it come with a transferable lifetime warranty?

Not trying to be a jerk but this things do have some weird electrical issues at times and not sure something installed some time ago isn't now a new issue to be fair

The PO did not state to me whether or not the display performed properly or not. Just showed me the display. With the running lights or head lamps on the display dims. It was that way when I purchased it.

Old 02-17-2020
Forum owner

so the work was done by the previous owner and your rating the company that did the work.
I'm surprised you bought the coach with such a serious defect.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 02-17-2020

I didn't realize the display was that way until we brought the coach home. We got a late start. The display was OK as long as the headlights were off. Once turned on the display dimmed. That in addition to no night vision renders it useless at night. To be honest with you I have no plans on driving the bus at night anyway. My purchase was made due to the documentation showing upgrades, new tires, excellent service records, etc... including the remainder of a great warranty. The bus, overall, is really in good shape. I have a great mechanic local that worked previously as the fleet manager of a NASCAR drag team. He kept up their buses and trucks. I didn't intend to disparage the work of USA Luxury Coaches. Everything else they did was exemplary. Just the issue with the display.

Old 02-18-2020

Darris, Keep in mind this is a public site and your words can either persuade others to use or not to use a particular ABC company . When we speak into a coach as an example we are sharing what we know to be true . So with never even talking to USA you grade them ? Maybe you should call them and then after your call report back to us and maybe even update your grading of them

2000 LXI Single Slide (sold)
1999 Prevost Vantare 45

Ormond Beach, Florida
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
www.fastcubes.com
Old 02-18-2020

Deleted- inflammatory

Last edited by Dieselbird01; 02-18-2020 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Deleted - per WOG Guidelines