Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > General Discussion > New Members

New Members New members to the forum are welcomed here.

Site Search:

Old 02-21-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by MesaAZGuy View Post
At this point I will hold out until I can get more than 15k to start out with.
Thanks for your help!
I had less than 15k in my FC when I was finished with it, it looked good and took us on a 6 week 4000 mile trip.
Old 02-22-2020

I fell in love with one in the classifieds although its pending and above my spending grade at 75k I would do what I can to go for it and my wife approves! It has the right colors and needs nothing in my book. Its perfect. Its the black/gray/silver exterior in OH. The Millennium edition

I guess you are all right. Its better to not blow money on a retired charter bus and start all over with tanks, generators, plumbing, electrical...

Last edited by MesaAZGuy; 02-22-2020 at 03:49 PM.
Old 02-22-2020

Simon - Why don’t you and your DW come out and have a burger with us next weekend at Picacho SP? I guarantee you’ll meet some nice people & maybe learn something about BB’s - https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...ad.php?t=35370

Six years ago I posted this article on the WOG. One quote from it’s Lessons Learned (page 9) may apply here :

... Just when you think you've seen that absolute best coach for what you then believe is a never-again best price, another possibly better one pops up on Craigslist, eBay, eBay.classifieds, rv.jaxed.com, RVT.com or on Randy's BBBB. So don't feel rushed if you are not absolutely ready, and especially so just because you fear the good deals will be gone. They won't - There will always be another almost perfect coach around the corner! Your restraint will eventually pay off with exactly what you want without you needing to compromise...
Old 02-22-2020

I was telling Marie about the get together. Its not far from where we live. Maybe an hour and 15. Can we come in as visitors or do we have to pay to get in?
Thanks for the advice. I agree on finding another. The gray black and the interior were perfect and needed nothing for our taste. I would have to sell some other toys to keep everything financial in check. Of course a loan would be needed and not even sure where to begin other than LightStream financial that was suggested somewhere here. I showed my wife a youtube video from "Maybe Tomorrow" with button and Loops where they showcased their BB. They have a nice rig. Marie loved it even though it wasn't the contemporary whites and silver tones.
Either way, let me see how my week goes. I would love to meet and greet
Old 02-22-2020

Not to reopen a closed thread, but I went to look at that 87 PT38 today. It might be just the project bus you're looking for. Seemed like the mechanicals were in good shape, but the interior and electrical are "kinda iffy". Needs paint, flooring, some reupholstery, new front driver's window, etc. - seems like a good start for a remodel/freshen-up. The current owner (jerry_94110?) uses it to go back and forth to AZ.

He's asking $30K, and based on what I heard, he might be negotiable on it. I'm definitely taking a pass, since my time is pretty limited for projects right now.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

I am still on the prowl. My wife is on the understanding that it would be better to find clean unit thats sorted out which won't require me gutting and redoing the whole thing. Trying to find a good low interest rate of financing on around 50k. We decided that a 91 or newer is the style body we're looking for. Looked into Lightstream financial but they only go to 84 months. I would want to do 120 months with the option to pay it off sooner. I have a small 2018 Bobcat thats almost paid for that I would sell down the road to help fund. Need to get ideas on insurance costs too.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

FWIW I just checked insuring a 93 WB 40 at 50k or so through USAA and it’s about $900/year. First place I checked, though, so I don’t know what others are paying. This is in CA.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

I called my insurance guy (American Family) and he came back with a crazy number of about $1500 a year. He recommended I call Good Sam which I did and they came back at $385 a year for liability only. If the coach is from Dec. 2000 and on, I can get Comprehensive and collision with glass coverage for $995 a year. Roadside assistance is $124 a year. All in all, its alot better than I expected.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

I used to know a couple of guys that converted busses for themselves. Unfortunately by the time they finished they were to old to travel much.
1999, Jeep Cherokee, Toad
1970, VW Baja Bug, Alternate Toad
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Well, I gave up on the idea but even if I went that route, I just turned 50 a few weeks ago. I should have another good 20 years to finish it for travel!