Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Electrical

Electrical Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's electrical system.

Site Search:

Old 1 Week Ago

Did you follow links I provided in post #16 above? - This iMarineUSA MS2812 link works. If you find a better price on a new one, bet they will match if you call them. Might be worth calling for military, senior or other discounts as appropriate. If you’re looking for used, DougW is considering a MS4024 and might be selling his MS2812. Magnum sells components that go with its inverter-chargers a-la-carte, so get the components you need. You will want the MS-BMK for full “gas gauge” functionality of the control. The cheaper ME-RC controller works fine for a single inverter install. Get the more expensive ME-ARTR if you have a dual inverter setup. The AGS is nice if you have pets or can’t tell time. Otherwise, not so much. As to pulling new remote cable, I discussed crimper use in post #16 link mentioned above. If needed - Rather than pulling new one, you can modify one plug end of existing telephone remote cable. I used inexpensive Cat6 cable for a long run when I moved my inverter to the back of our coach. Works great though stacking plugs on the inverter network connection port needs to be in a certain order. Again, that’s covered in the install thread linked above. Let us know how it turns out for you.
Old 1 Week Ago

The ME-ARC gives more options for battery charging - weird voltages for the different phases. I set mine up to charge my lithiums, and the options to change are not made available in the ME-RC. I don't really think there's any reason to upgrade to an ARC if you're using 12v lead acids as I think you can still set the voltages up correctly for them. An email to Magnum's tech support would clear it up quickly, though.

I wouldn't have any problem buying a used Magnum if it doesn't look trashed/weather damaged. They show up on ebay as refurbs once in a while, too.
Old 6 Days Ago

Magnum MS2812 and ME-RC controller ordered from iMarine: who had the best price. Thanks friends.
fmca 200288