Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Toads and Trailers General discussion and For Sale or Wanted

Toads and Trailers General discussion and For Sale or Wanted Toads general discussion and list your Toads or Trailers and others that you have found For Sale and Wanted and also discussions about them here.

Site Search:

Old 07-08-2019
WanderBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by badandy View Post
I would break the tamper-proof seal and stick an LS in it But I need 4 tiny doors!
A Hemi would be a much much better choice.
Marietta, GA
Old 07-08-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joatha View Post
Not really, but preach on
Old 07-09-2019
1995 WB 42’ Series 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joatha View Post
I don't know why anyone would buy and old Cherokee. I want hemi, well there is a reason, especially if you are cheap.
I had a new Hemi in an 08 Jeep Commander. Most fun car I have ever owned. Was absolutly stable at any speed and it would run 112.5 to hit the governor.
Even had a lifetime warranty. But it also had 12 computer talking to each other, and at time their comunications would break down. 16 sparkplugs a few you can't see. No major problems till it hit 100,000 mile. Bigest problem was not being able to put transfer case in neutral. In the shop 16 time, all covered by warranty, but never really resolved the issue. Ended up pulling my old 96 Cherokee because it was simple and always go in neutral. no computer to foul. Finally gave up and sold the Commander and bought a 04 grand cherokee with famous straight six, same engine that was in my 96 cherokee with close to 200k. Thought is miight be a little weak, but not.
That little six in 04 had 195hp I think. Still super simple. Easy and cheap to work on. The Grand it slightly bigger, more room and better ride at speeds.
if you off road, the cherokee is better, but highway use, the Grand is far superior. GC with 6 is only slightly heavier than the Cherokee.
Does not have the power of the Hemi, but just bone simple. Runs at highway/turnpike speed and never a lack of power.
I also have a 99 cherokee 6 cylinder. We have towed it too and put a lot of trouble free mile on it. With a little over 200k, it blew a head gasket. Well you can't find anyone to pull a head anymore, and it is about as simple as it get. Friend told me about a local guy that does some engine work, call him told him what I had. Said he did not want to get in a head. I mention it is the simple 6 cylinder, he said oh yeah, I will do that, and he did. Did not get hot, head clean, valves good. just cleaned up put it back on. $325.
Did I menton cheap? I don't think any vehicle has cheaper parts than a jeep cherokee/Grand. I friend bought some front end part for his GC.
Front drive axle with CV, new, less than $40. and no special tools to change it.
Please use e mail instead of Private Message
Mallie@EuLake.com
Old 07-09-2019

Thought you could get some GCs with the hemi engine, or at least some sort of v8 under the hood.
VB 1570
Old 07-09-2019
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallie Lennon View Post
I don't know why anyone would buy and old Cherokee. I want hemi, well there is a reason, especially if you are cheap.
I had a new Hemi in an 08 Jeep Commander. Most fun car I have ever owned. Was absolutly stable at any speed and it would run 112.5 to hit the governor.
Even had a lifetime warranty. But it also had 12 computer talking to each other, and at time their comunications would break down. 16 sparkplugs a few you can't see. No major problems till it hit 100,000 mile. Bigest problem was not being able to put transfer case in neutral. In the shop 16 time, all covered by warranty, but never really resolved the issue. Ended up pulling my old 96 Cherokee because it was simple and always go in neutral. no computer to foul. Finally gave up and sold the Commander and bought a 04 grand cherokee with famous straight six, same engine that was in my 96 cherokee with close to 200k. Thought is miight be a little weak, but not.
That little six in 04 had 195hp I think. Still super simple. Easy and cheap to work on. The Grand it slightly bigger, more room and better ride at speeds.
if you off road, the cherokee is better, but highway use, the Grand is far superior. GC with 6 is only slightly heavier than the Cherokee.
Does not have the power of the Hemi, but just bone simple. Runs at highway/turnpike speed and never a lack of power.
I also have a 99 cherokee 6 cylinder. We have towed it too and put a lot of trouble free mile on it. With a little over 200k, it blew a head gasket. Well you can't find anyone to pull a head anymore, and it is about as simple as it get. Friend told me about a local guy that does some engine work, call him told him what I had. Said he did not want to get in a head. I mention it is the simple 6 cylinder, he said oh yeah, I will do that, and he did. Did not get hot, head clean, valves good. just cleaned up put it back on. $325.
Did I menton cheap? I don't think any vehicle has cheaper parts than a jeep cherokee/Grand. I friend bought some front end part for his GC.
Front drive axle with CV, new, less than $40. and no special tools to change it.

112 mph?
you old guys make me smile!!!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 07-09-2019
WanderBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallie Lennon View Post
Mopar sells a Hemi crate engine with a basic engine harness - very little computer involvement (but still some). You can even run it with an old school transmission for even less computer involvement. For an older Cherokee, that would be a great solution.

I am planning to put one them in my 68 Barracuda convertible.
Marietta, GA
Old 07-09-2019

If I find the XJ I want (good body, toasted engine/trans) I will swap an LV3 4.3 V6 from the new Silverados in. The whole engine dressed with a harness is $800 with low miles in every junkyard in the US. It's a Gen V LT engine, 285HP, 305 lb-ft. I loves me some HP, but I think this would be pretty great in a XJ bone stock.
Old 07-09-2019

As I thought, no need to do engine swaps...

https://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/d/fle...924059627.html
VB 1570
Old 07-09-2019

Ewwww no. Engine swap + XJ = cool ride
Old 07-09-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by badandy View Post
Ewwww no. Engine swap + XJ = cool ride
Not with an under 300hp Chevy.
VB 1570