Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Rallies

Rallies Some of the rallies listed here are closed to posting by other than rally masters. Some old rallies are closed do to their being old rallies.

Site Search:

Old 07-11-2010
prone to wandering

Default Michigan Speedway

We are going to the Nascar races at Michigan International Speedway Aug 13 to 15th. Just wondering if any of the race fans here are planning to go? We are camping at the "turn two campground" at the Speedway and will have plenty of cold beer!
jimdoel@me.com
Old 07-23-2010
GARY,M

Hey jim,
we will be down with the coach for saturday race .
If we get a chance we will look for you.we camped down there a few years ago. That gets really wild at night.we were a little nieve and brought our 10 year old .big mistake .we spent the evenings in the coach.with the shades pulled. LOL!!!!!!!
Old 07-23-2010
prone to wandering

Well at least we are not taking any kids! I heard that the Turn2 campground is fairly quiet? I know that the infield is a zoo but?
Anyway, we will look forward to seeing you if we can hook up.
jimdoel@me.com
Old 07-23-2010
GARY,M

youll have fun
.dont get me wrong .were not pruds we just could not have the fun everyone else was having without a lot of expaining to my son in the morning.
i thought i could drink beer but they were pros at that race.
Old 07-23-2010
GARY,M

also if you have never camped there conserve water and pottys .back then it was 35 buck for a pump out and 8 dollars for a bag of ice.
Old 07-24-2010
prone to wandering

Hey Gary, according to their web site, campsites at "Turn Two" are water, 50 amp electrical and there is a dump station on site. I understood that use of the dump station was at no extra cost to campers but I am going to check that out. As far as beer drinking goes, I am sure that I will not be able to keep up to them but I know that I can keep up to my wife! ;-)
jimdoel@me.com
Old 07-24-2010

I have been a regular attender to MIS for many years. I have camped both in the infeild and around the track (I barely have to steer my coach as it knows its own way there). I was at the track for the June race this year and camped at the Brooklyn Trails campground across the road fron the front straightaway. When I first started going 20 years ago, you are right, it was wild especially in the infield. The track and the police have cleaned things up alot since then and I would not be afraid to bring my older kids there now. If it is your first time and need any advice, let me know. I will say this, it seems no matter when we go to the race, it is HOT. Be prepared for that.

P.S. Fron the stands I could see a FC camped in the infield between turn 1 and 2, anybody here?
Rodney, Ontario

Last edited by ryoung; 07-24-2010 at 08:25 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-24-2010
GARY,M

Sounds like things have changed alot since we were there.
Thats good it should be a family enviroment.
We when to the july daytona race in 07 and everyone there .was very adult.that was a great time
well be there saturday we park off turn 4.
See ya there