Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > LX and LXI (Unique Issues)

LX and LXI (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your LX or LXI model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE ISSUES INVOLVED WITH ANY LAWSUIT.....list your LX and LXI Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 12-04-2018

Default Toyota Sienna Limited Takeout Seats

Not in the market, but thought these looked nice and the price for two was right:

http://www.beginningfromthismorning.com/chair/

See YouTube video at: https://youtu.be/x3kEcJLkc7Y
Old 12-04-2018
Forum owner

Car seats would be a great way to go in an FC,where the seats need to be narrow.
I really like the air ride seats,not because the bus rides rough but because i can adjust the height of the seat.
This allows me to keep my butt happy!
I can raise it way up so my legs are in a different position,or i can lower it way down so Carols feet can reach the pedals.

Interesting thing about truck seats,at the truck parts place i use alot over in Dothan Al. they have 6=8 seats in the showroom all the time.
They are the more "basic" seat,air ride and all that,but not as fancy or pretty as most of us would like in the Bird.
No ultraleather or fancy stitching,but you have to think about the truck market they see,log trucks,dirt trucks etc.
Nothing wrong with that market,but they see the tougher jobs,the dirty jobs,the trucks are not all chromed out and fancy.
So a tough heavy duty seat fits the bill for most of the local customers.

I get mine at 4 States chrome shop,in Joplin Mo.
They have the fancy,more expensive seats,more options maybe too.
I find i'm out there every few years and i have bought 3 sets of seats from them in the last 6 years or so.

I bought a set from them a year or so ago for my 71 restoration bus,dark blue,air ride,ultra leather,swivel bases,all the right stuff.

Finn used to buy Van seats for his coach,no idea where,but i bet its on his pbase site.
Finding used car seats that are still nice is possible,but you have to be in a bigger area than i live in,to find a salvage yard with more inventory,the local places here are pretty small,not much in good interior salvage.

If you buy used,make sure the tracks and mounts are not bent,if you plan on using that stuff,they do get bentup when in a wreck..

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 12-04-2018

We have National air seats in the bus. Not too fancy, no 6 way power, etc but if you need to, these are 12 hour seats.

My leather, heated power seats in our Honda are comfortable for about 4 hours. This is a huge difference on a trip.

Get air or require care!!!
Valparaiso, In./Baldwin, Mi.
Old 5 Days Ago

Patti,
I also have a 2000 Lxi. I was also dis-satified with the seat softness. For your knowledge I found out the seats were manufactured by Villa International here in Cerritos ( southern ) California. If you’re interested in keeping with the original mfr., Villa currently makes much better, firmer, seats with better fit and headrests. At the least you could contact them to see if they could improve your seats. At least they stock all the variable Ultra Leather materials in order to recover your seats to match other parts of your coach’s interior.
I did not use Villa, as at the time I had not known who was the manufacturer, or where they were (geograghically), but had my seats worked on at a local RV upholstery shop. They removed the seats from the coach, then the seat cushions were removed from the seat assemblies, the Ultraleather covering was temporarily removed, then we installed a 3/4” thick section of stiffer, 40 durometer, high rubber content foam, in the center of seats, so our butts don’t sink into the seats. We also added more spring wire under the existing cushions to provide more support for the cushions. At the high Cali labor rates this work cost me about $900 ( at the time ).

Old 5 Days Ago

I have freightliner seat came with the bird. Good seat
82 FC 33 250 left me for another
Sumner Wa.
Old 5 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
getting seats rebuilt can run into big money,if you use leather or ultraleather its going to be more than new seats.
But,truck seats are not for everyone..
Truer words were never spoken.

Two seats reupholstered full leather even the skirts on the bottom

$2000.00 last June

Patti
I reupholstered my Villas
No they do not have replacement covers or cushions and new seats cost more than the ultra fancy Bose,
They did give me their source for leather, 3 times the cost per hide from all other source my upholstery guy could find

Last edited by Bumpersbird; 5 Days Ago at 12:28 PM.
Old 2 Days Ago

FWIW, I called Villa to get new seats and a new J Lounge made and it was like pulling teeth. They honestly did not want to sell me new seats and even though they do still offer a J lounge they didn't want to build one. They told me they make larger sofas now for motor homes with slides and the J lounge just wasn't worth their time. Also, our integrated seat belts in the captain's chairs would be an issue since they technically don't offer those anymore. My chairs and sofa are currently at Creative Coach in Tampa getting reupholstered in Oyster Ultraleather.

David & Nicole Stokes
Valdosta, Georgia
'98 LXi 43'
'97 Jeep Wrangler
229-834-8677

Independent Consultant
The Pampered Chef
http://www.pamperedchef.biz/davidstokes
Old 2 Days Ago

Hi Dave
If you don’t mind me asking, what does CC charge for a reupholster job in ultra-leather? Also are you having them replace the foam? A layer of a high quality memory foam would be nice. Good luck with the rebuild.
Thanks
Dan
1996 WB-42
2006 Trailblazer LT 4wd
Bartow, Fl
dclembo128@verizon.net
Old 2 Days Ago

If it's anything like the bid CC gave me to repaint my upper curved roof area...it was expensive....And they put the custom original repaint job on!
Brooks, GA
Kip Cindy & Cody
678-523-7920
Old 2 Days Ago
Forum owner

Dave,we want pics of your work,can you take some pics and post them here?

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com