Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > LX and LXI (Unique Issues)

LX and LXI (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your LX or LXI model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE ISSUES INVOLVED WITH ANY LAWSUIT.....list your LX and LXI Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 09-16-2011

This thread has lot's of info on the door latch fix, and some pics: http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...ht=door+spring
Old 09-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbeam express View Post
Here is a pictorial of when I fixed mine.

http://barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/...757#5813960757

Thank you, Corey for posting the link and the pics as to how you repaired this. It's so great when everyone shares information so willingly and helps another person out. We really appreciate that about you and everyone else here too.

Jen and Dee too!
Old 09-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Rose View Post
We have been locked in and locked out. Once the clips on the rod broke and let it out of where it connects to the lever that activates the latch, and twice the latch itself came loose .In this case we had to tighten the bolts(screws) in the door, the last time we used locktight and hope they will stay tight.
I would suggest you check the screws when you have the door open.

Albert Rose
Thank you, Albert Rose, for your information as well.

I had to google your location because we are planning on visiting 'Bayfield' ON this fall, (hopefully departing soon) via Maine, NB and NS along Trans Can #1.

What a great location you must live in. The gateway I suppose from NB to NS?

Excuse me, correction PEI?

I see it's a wildlife area. I hope you will tell us more about this area, fellow Canadian, as it will be the first time we, my American husband and I, have visited this area.

Where should we stay and what must we see?

Hope to hear much more from you!

Jen
Old 09-16-2011
davidmbrady

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBee View Post
But I don't ever see myself as a newbie, in the co-pilot/navigator seat, belting down the road with an adopted chihuahua on my lap nicknamed Viper and no windshield.
Oh, I can picture you in goggles. Ever ride in a sidecar?

Here's a Prevost page where the author amusingly points out that it's "how we open the door" that's the problem: http://www.prevost-stuff.com/entercoach-art..html

See, Prevost uses the same ****** door handle. Prevost has issued a fix. For the paltry sum of 450 smackeroonies you can have one of their new and improved handles. Part numbers are available on POG, but if we put our heads together, I bet we can find the source.
Old 09-16-2011

Opening your coach this way over a period of time WILL result in a damaged handle or handle mechanism. If you open your coach this way over a period of time, you can just about guarantee that the handle will fail. It is constructed out of cheap, stamped metal of unknown origin.----- so this cheap, stamped metal from who knows where- is what you can expect from a zillion dollar preevost?
www.ernieekbergflooring.net
Old 09-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmbrady View Post
Oh, I can picture you in goggles. Ever ride in a sidecar?

Here's a Prevost page where the author amusingly points out that it's "how we open the door" that's the problem: http://www.prevost-stuff.com/entercoach-art..html

See, Prevost uses the same ****** door handle. Prevost has issued a fix. For the paltry sum of 450 smackeroonies you can have one of their new and improved handles. Part numbers are available on POG, but if we put our heads together, I bet we can find the source.
Hey for that amount I could buy a Brady seal and a half!

Who do they think they are fooling with this correct hand position on the handle/latch? Are they freaking kidding!!!
Old 09-16-2011
davidmbrady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Ekberg View Post
Opening your coach this way over a period of time WILL result in a damaged handle or handle mechanism. If you open your coach this way over a period of time, you can just about guarantee that the handle will fail. It is constructed out of cheap, stamped metal of unknown origin.----- so this cheap, stamped metal from who knows where- is what you can expect from a zillion dollar preevost?
I might expect it from a zillion dollar Prevost, but I expect a whole lot better from a Blue Bird! Ernie, for 450 bucks they'll give you a new and improved pig metal handle of unknown origin!

Quote:
Hey for that amount I could buy a Brady seal and a half!

Who do they think they are fooling with this correct hand position on the handle/latch? Are they freaking kidding!!!
Could you picture me trying to teach my five year old how to properly grasp and open the door handle?
Old 09-16-2011

Quote:
I might expect it from a zillion dollar Prevost, but I expect a whole lot better from a Blue Bird! Ernie, for 450 bucks they'll give you a new and improved pig metal handle of unknown origin!

Could you picture me trying to teach my five year old how to properly grasp and open the door handle?
ah...yes!
Old 09-16-2011
davidmbrady

Quote:
ah...yes!
The problem Jennifer is that it can only be done properly while holding a glass of Veuve Clicquot in one hand!
Old 09-16-2011

Quote:
The problem Jennifer is that it can only be done properly while holding a glass of Veuve Clicquot in one hand!

And a Remington Bordeaux in the other.