Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > LX and LXI (Unique Issues)

LX and LXI (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your LX or LXI model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE ISSUES INVOLVED WITH ANY LAWSUIT.....list your LX and LXI Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 01-03-2012
davidmbrady

Default Brady Seal by Dynamic Rubber Inc: Orders Needed

Folks,

I worked with DRI this morning to spec the changes needed to the air seal side flanges. During the prototype installation, Randy noted that the nylon retainers could fit tighter. DRI is implementing changes to the die to increase the side flange thickness from 0.090" to 0.125". This will improve the clamping force of the nylon retainer.

Roger Anderson at DRI would like to get a feel for the number of seals needed in the first production run. He'd like folks who need LXi or LX living room or bedroom air seals to contact him to place an order. Roger's been extraordinary to work with; you can be sure that no credit card charges will be taken until seal delivery.

The new die changes will take about a week. We should have the first 1000' of extrusion in 4 weeks, with the first seals available in 5 weeks.

If you recall, the initial price projection for an LXi living room seal was $320: $5.00/ft of extrusion plus $120 for fixed items such as finishing work, valve stems, and hoses. The first run of the prototype material buckled in the corners. Roger agreed to post cure pre-bent corner sections. This fixed the buckling issue but resulted in increased labor per seal. This additional labor added to the cost.

The LXi living room seals are priced at $550. Pricing for the bedroom seals and for the LX seals will be forthcoming.

The seals require the HWH nylon retainer. Initially we'll need to purchase the retainer from HWH. In the meantime I'll work on finding a supplier.

Roger agreed to take retail orders - no middleman! Your getting the seal at cost. Please contact Roger Anderson at DRI to place an order! He's eager to get a feel for the quantity required:

Roger Anderson
Dynamic Rubber, Inc.
131 Garlisch Drive
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
randerson@dynamicrubber.com

http://www.dynamicrubber.com/contact.html
Old 01-03-2012

I have read with interest the development of the "Brady Seal". To now have the opportunity to purchase this seal at such a reasonable price is special. Isn't that about 1/2 the cost of an HWH seal? Who wouldn't want to save 500 bucks.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 01-03-2012

David Brady, you are one unselfish dude!

Corey Noble
Spring Hill, FL.
2000 43 LXI Millennium Edition
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”
Old 01-03-2012
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
I have read with interest the development of the "Brady Seal". To now have the opportunity to purchase this seal at such a reasonable price is special. Isn't that about 1/2 the cost of an HWH seal? Who wouldn't want to save 500 bucks.
David, Randy correct me if wrong, but a new seal installed depending on the size could be $3000, to $5000.

This Brady seal should really make the slide owners happy, A reasonable price , it can also be ordered now, for future use. If a seal is more that 7 years old I would order now.

Many of us will be at the Mini-Coachworkx Rally this weekend,
We will check the fit and finish of Randy's Brady Seal & the Richard Ramsey HWH seal.

This is also great news for anyone interested in upgrading to a slide out Bird.

Great example of "WOGGER POWER"
Old 01-03-2012
Forum owner

$500 is a great deal for this seal.
But remember,thats not an installed price!
A good tech can install this seal in 6-8 hours,don't rush the tech,you want all sharp edges removed and the new seal glued in place.

Also,the slide rooms roof needs to be cleaned and waxed,the room has an awning that covers it and you can't wash the roof unless the awning is removed.
The awning is removed when the seal is replaced.
I waxed my roof twice along with the sides.
Wax prevents the seal from sticking to the room.

Expect to pay $100 per hour in labor

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 01-03-2012
Forum owner

I will be bringing the old seal for show and tell,to the coachworz rally.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 01-03-2012
Gardner

Although I don't have a coach with a slide, I have watched this thread with great interest. It seems that probably all slides eventually need seal replacements and future availability is a big concern. I wonder what the shelf life of a new seal is and if it would not be prudent for a Wanderlodge owner to invest for the future? If you need one now I wouldn't hesitate to order. This is an oportunity that may not be repeated.
78 FC 33 Happinest (Sold)
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Old 01-03-2012

you can also clean and wax the slide room tops when they are inside the coach if there is a fold down valance as in the 450s.

Very important to keep all 4 sides of the room clean and waxed so as to make the seal slide effortlessly.
San Marcos, CA

Old 01-03-2012
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gsur View Post
you can also clean and wax the slide room tops when they are inside the coach if there is a fold down valance as in the 450s.

Very important to keep all 4 sides of the room clean and waxed so as to make the seal slide effortlessly.
correct,you can do it from inside.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 01-03-2012
davidmbrady

Thanks everyone,

I really appreciate your support. Roger Anderson at DRI has been phenomenal to work with. Roger's already expressed interest in helping us with an M380 seal, plus he'll extrude just about any rubber item we may ever need. A real gentleman and a great company. Get the word out. Place an order for a seal!