Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > LX and LXI (Unique Issues)

LX and LXI (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your LX or LXI model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE ISSUES INVOLVED WITH ANY LAWSUIT.....list your LX and LXI Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 04-02-2015

Al, remember the water pipe on the floor under a removable cover in the bay just ahead of that one. I'd take the cover off and use a bulb in that area, too.
Old 04-02-2015
prone to wandering

Al, perhaps some of that insulation that Steve Birtles sells? That's what I put on the floor of the water bay in my LX. Also if you want to go to the trouble plumbing it in closer to the floor I can let you have a new Aquahot diffuser, as I do have a spare.
jimdoel@me.com
Old 04-02-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrueckwald View Post
Al, remember the water pipe on the floor under a removable cover in the bay just ahead of that one. I'd take the cover off and use a bulb in that area, too.
correct Ron , that pipe is the one that froze

2000 LXI Single Slide
Ormond Beach, Florida
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
www.fastcubes.com
Old 04-02-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD33 View Post
Al, perhaps some of that insulation that Steve Birtles sells? That's what I put on the floor of the water bay in my LX. Also if you want to go to the trouble plumbing it in closer to the floor I can let you have a new Aquahot diffuser, as I do have a spare.
thanks Joe but the pipe sits on the floor . maybe insulate from the bottom ?

2000 LXI Single Slide
Ormond Beach, Florida
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
www.fastcubes.com
Old 04-02-2015

insulation - then heat tape - then insulation over that
Sandwich the heat tape
"Bordering On Adequate"
Old 12-08-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by al perna View Post
correct Ron , that pipe is the one that froze
Hey Al,
Was reading post about this pipe freezing , I wound up breaking that plastic pipe near where it feeds into the shurflo pumps while winterizing and am going to try to replace it with Pex or re route it . I’m curious what you came up with as far as insulating / freeze prevention. When in Pa you will have to stop in sometime.
Craig.haedrich@hotmail.com
717 743-8764
Old 12-08-2018

hello Craig , thanks for the offer . I love how old threads resurface to remind us that at one time we were all pretty new to this . I also see that I'm guilty of never finishing off a thread so you got me here .

I never did anything down there Craig to be honest with you . It still remains a area I need to redo and upgrade . Maybe the time is getting closer as I now need to replace the rear Dupree valve for the black tank and boy she is a bear to get to.

We are in Pa now and as you know it is in the 20s and so far I have no need to do anything down there . There is a heater in that bay above the water pipes and she seems to be doing a great job and has these past 6 years . It also helps that we use the water , so maybe that helps. In the past when it gets down in the teens or lower I do put a little space heater in there and cover the area near the trap door with a blanket just for a little more peace of mind , and run the genny . I also turn up the heat all the way so the bay actually get pretty toasty .

2000 LXI Single Slide
Ormond Beach, Florida
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
www.fastcubes.com