Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > LX and LXI (Unique Issues)

LX and LXI (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your LX or LXI model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE ISSUES INVOLVED WITH ANY LAWSUIT.....list your LX and LXI Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 11-12-2018
WanderBee

Default No Hot Water

Wanted to see if anyone had any ideas on why I suddenly lost hot water.

Here's the things I know:
1. I had hot water a few weeks ago. I took my Bird in to get the AquaHot serviced - I was getting a bit of smoke on and off. I called them and they don't know of any valves that would've been shut off while performing that work.
2. AquaHot works perfectly. I got good heat out of Zone 2 (by the kitchen). The unit never kicks off.
3. Water flows without issue to all 3 faucets and the shower. I can turn it to 100% hot and still get water. I do notice the slightest change in temperature between 100% hot and cold. But, it is only a very very slight change.
4. The electric side of the AH does not currently work. I am waiting on parts to replace it.

It feels like something is blocked somewhere and I'm trying to figure out where. Is it possible that the technician mucked something up when working on the electric side that would cause the flow to stop?

And, I will tell you that the water gets really really cold when the temps dip in to the 30's overnight.
Marietta, GA
Old 11-12-2018

Did you check your mixing valve? If you are not familiar with it, it is under the webasto motor. Lifting that out, you will see a valve with a knob under it. Try turning the knob counter clockwise to increase hot water. Or it has frozen up like all the rest did eventually. If so, I can tell you what to buy. Not from aqua hot. Too expensive.

Brian Stephens
'97 PT43
Old 11-12-2018

I'd bet it's the mixing valve. If it gets a bubble of air in it, it won't blend in hot water and it just send the cold straight through.

I've had it happen after de-winterizing. I adjusted the mixing valve to a higher temperature and got it to unlock. after that I reset it back to the original setting.
Old 11-12-2018
AKA Tent Boy

Default Mixing Valve

Here is the mixing valve;

Mixing Valve

Also, the Tstats that I found were a lot less expensive that AH prices, there two, one is Selco, like the ones AH uses and the other is White Rodgers;

https://www.alliedelec.com/selco-se-l230/70098687/

https://www.alliedelec.com/search/pr...x?SKU=70101844

On these they are oriented differently, and you have to change the terminal ends, no big deal, has worked on my AH for a year now...

HTH

Larry Dill & Barbara Ribar
Yuma, AZ. 85367
'95 37' BMC 'Pura Vida'
'84 35' FCSB SOLD
2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
sailor7cs@gmail.com
http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=26

"Barbara does all the driving, I just hold the wheel"

Last edited by sailor7cs; 11-12-2018 at 04:05 PM. Reason: added links and note
Old 11-12-2018

Oh that is a real good price for the mixing valve. If it is the problem, you can just change out the guts of the valve. No soldering required.

Brian Stephens
'97 PT43
Old 11-13-2018
WanderBee

OK...I managed to get the technician to agree to look at it again today on short notice. I had to head out of town this AM and will be gone until Wed night and I need it working for the next 2 weekends. So, I took it back late last night and they are supposed to get it done today and tomorrow. Given what they did to the AH, I am guessing that it probably did get an air bubble in the mixing valve and was just passing the cold through without the hot.

Once I hear back, I'll let you guys know what it turned out to be (if I get told anyhow).
Marietta, GA
Old 11-13-2018

Funny...all was fine when I read this thread yesterday. But a few hours later I was outside, in the dark, having to mess with the mixing valve. At first it didn't want to turn, but I kept at it and eventually got it moving. I turned it back and forth a few times to free up any gunk and, what do you know, we have hot water again. Thanks WOG!
Old 11-20-2018
WanderBee

Just a followup that I never got to make.

The technician indicated he thought there was an air bubble in the system that was causing the issue. In the course of fixing it, he bled the system and was able to get hot water flowing.

On a related note, the loops for zone 1 and zone 3 also had air bubbles in them. Apparently, they had to add some coolant to the system when it was serviced and the air bubbles made their way to the high point and left me with no heat. That was also remedied.
Marietta, GA