Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Toads and Trailers General discussion and For Sale or Wanted

Toads and Trailers General discussion and For Sale or Wanted Toads general discussion and list your Toads or Trailers and others that you have found For Sale and Wanted and also discussions about them here.

Site Search:

Old 11-24-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by al perna View Post
I would go with a trailer . Having a small car to get around is sweet . Tell us a little about where you plan to go , how long will you stay . For us the trailer was perfect for how we live as full timers . In fact being able to back up the trailer unlike a toad has it's advantages also . In fact if you end up going with a trailer the one I have might be perfect for you . She is a 24' Featherlite stacker 17k. The only reason I'm going to sell her is because this Prevost ca not tow her like my Bird did . So now I can only bring one toy at a time
Hi Al,

We may head for north east around summer and then down to Georgia for WOG. I’m just lazy and looking for ways to travel while doing the least amount of work on stops.

1991 PT40WB
sskhosravi@gmail.com
www.coddiwomplers.org
Old 11-24-2020
Forum owner

Compare the weights on a chevy P30 with an aluminum body.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 11-24-2020
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahin View Post
Max,

Thank you for the detail write up. I’m lazy and that is the leading cause of my bad decisions. Combined that with dear wife’s requirements and you can come up with ....

Full timing last year, I noticed that when we got to many RV parks, we had to disconnect the 4 down toad because there was no room to get to the spot and disconnect there, so we would do that at entrance and dear wife would drive the toad. With a trailer and a car inside the trailer, we (that means I) would have to disconnect, take the car out and hook it up to trailer. She would also need to practice driving while pulling a trailer since I can’t drive the bus and the car pulling the trailer at the same time. By the way she does not drive the bus. That is how I thought have a toad that can fit two motorcycle I it was the way to go, so when it comes to having to disconnect she can just get behind the wheel and drive the road. The step vans while ugly have ample space inside for two motorcycles and some of the other junk currently on the back of the Honda Element.

I am looking to see if I can find one with manual transmission and that would eliminate having to mess with the driveline.

Thanks again for the insight.

You don't have to mess with the driveline if you leave the engine running in the van,trans in neutral.
Its been done plenty of times,woody was doing it while towing a big pickup.
Another bird owner i know did it for years on chevy pickups,tahoes etc.
he never bought a disconnect...

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 11-24-2020
Administrator

Shahin,
I like it , an inexpensive paint job to match, complete service maintenance.
And good to go, Love the square retro round headlights, Need an input from Crit, he towed a full size van for awhile. Don't believe it is 15000#, there are many small delivery box trucks for cheap, maybe a small UPS truck
Old 11-24-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
You don't have to mess with the driveline if you leave the engine running in the van,trans in neutral.
Its been done plenty of times,woody was doing it while towing a big pickup.
Another bird owner i know did it for years on chevy pickups,tahoes etc.
he never bought a disconnect...
Years ago I met a Bird owner who idled his Mercedes when towing
Cape Cod,ma
Old 11-24-2020

A 3/4 or one ton truck with a flat bed can easily accommodate 2 full size motorcycles tied down side by side. And in Texas, it wouldn’t be all that uncommon. Lots of people use them for farm vehicles or just hauling stuff. The sides on a pickup bed are great for keeping stuff in but certainly limit the usable space.

A 1/2 ton would probably work but might sag too much with two Harleys and a flatbed
The springs are pretty soft on newer trucks

That would get you back to towing 4-down and be easy for the wife to be comfortable with.

96 BMC 40' Sold
2008 HaulMark Super C S&S
Freightliner Chassis w/ 515hp S60 & 12sp Ultrashift
Old 11-24-2020

If you want to go all out, we sell you our toyhauler, 2002 E450 with a 7.3 diesel and 96'000 miles. Living quarters in front, workshop in back. Tie downs for motorcycle and a long aluminum ramp (heavy duty like a delivery truck) Work table can be removed, newer tires, runs great. Haul anything

Hey and it got a diamond plated roof too (looks better than a bread truck and you could sleep in it a night or two)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160117_144031.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	199.2 KB
ID:	72071   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200127_135141.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	204.4 KB
ID:	72072   Click image for larger version

Name:	20191004_175844.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	193.4 KB
ID:	72073  

1999 BB custom 33' 8.3 Cummins "Jesse"
2002 Toyhauler 7.3 diesel
1958 GM PD4104 "Foolish Pleasure II" Detroit 6 71 (exHound)
Old 11-24-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Moon View Post
If you want to go all out, we sell you our toyhauler, 2002 E450 with a 7.3 diesel and 96'000 miles. Living quarters in front, workshop in back. Tie downs for motorcycle and a long aluminum ramp (heavy duty like a delivery truck) Work table can be removed, newer tires, runs great. Haul anything

Hey and it got a diamond plated roof too (looks better than a bread truck and you could sleep in it a night or two)
That's a cool rig Marvin.. You have lots of cool toys..

I have been wanting to tow my F350 so I could also load my golf cart in the bed.. For those times when I want a vehicle and a golf cart. I am a touch over 10k with that set up. But I have the electronic 4wd so I have to do something where I can put it in nuetral.. I guess I could just run it in neutral like Randy said. I need to get a heavy duty tow bar set up and braking system for it though..

Jeff LoGiudice
Jeff@GinosGarageUSA.com
Temple Terrace, Florida
1984 Bluebird PT40
#F063411 6V92TA & MT654CR
& 1986 MCI 102A3
6V92TA & HT740 (Sold)
YouTube-Gino's Garage https://www.youtube.com/user/xjrjeff
http://www.bbirdmaps.com/index.cfm #460
Old 11-24-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahin View Post
Hi Al,

We may head for north east around summer and then down to Georgia for WOG. I’m just lazy and looking for ways to travel while doing the least amount of work on stops.
In my opinion you need a plan with a trailer . a car/truck not so much . I avoid that part of the country so I 'm no help traveling there . Maybe Don M who pulls his trailer all over will chime in . Good luck either way you go .

2000 LXI Single Slide (sold)
1999 Prevost Vantare 45

Ormond Beach, Florida
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
www.fastcubes.com
Old 11-24-2020

Check out this setup. Wide ramp would give a lot of confidence and control when loading the Harley. Regular size tires should keep the bed low enough to work better. Dragging the frame at the break over point is a concern when loading bikes. Especially Harleys since they are usually very low anyway.

Max.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A7269052-82B9-435B-AF22-B4970870B706.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	72078  

96 BMC 40' Sold
2008 HaulMark Super C S&S
Freightliner Chassis w/ 515hp S60 & 12sp Ultrashift