Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Tool Tips

Tool Tips Here you will finds tips on using old tools, as well as the latest in new tools that you can use on your 'Bird's projects.

Site Search:

Old 1 Week Ago

I even found a use for the tank...a custom rocket ship for my 1 yo grandson!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7D6F84BD-022D-4E22-B696-CF6F0DF78993.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	188.7 KB
ID:	58695  

Bill & Tracy Lott
87 FC35 "Traveller"
Shalimar, Florida
Old 1 Week Ago
full timer

Two cautions about a California Air Tools air compressor. I’ve had one for about a year before it burnt up. If you you do keep it energized at all times you will not have a warranty. Sounds strange but true. It’s in the fine print in a longer set of words. The second perverse problem is that it is SO quiet. If for any reason there is a large air leak in the system you likely will not hear the compressor running unless you are in a silent environment. If that happens the motor will burn up filling your bays with smoke and potentially cause a fire. I know.

I certainly acknowledge the quietness and low cost of th CAT air compressor. If you do choose to buy one make sure you put in a smoke detector in the area. A smoke detector is not a bad idea if it’s far enough from your AquaHot.

As an ex-user I will say I was happy because of its low price and it’s quietness but if you have a tight air system and a 3 to 5 gallon surge tank the air compressor should not run any more often than once a day even if you have an air operated toilet. Strange but I now like to hear my air compressor come on and shut off.

Eric, currently in Las Vegas
full timing in my bird since 6/04
Old 1 Week Ago

Interestingly, I was thinking of installing the quiet Cal when I pull the muffler and go straight pipe "a la SFideli" (no, that's not an Italian dish). Noise is relative, I guess. Well, some of mine are pretty noisy, anyway.

Carmine Pacchino
Ft Myers Beach, FL
'83 PT35
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastdancin View Post
Interestingly, I was thinking of installing the quiet Cal when I pull the muffler and go straight pipe "a la SFideli" (no, that's not an Italian dish). Noise is relative, I guess. Well, some of mine are pretty noisy, anyway.
I've got an MBRP resonator, nothing else, on mine and it sounds awesome, especially with the Jake on, but in the campground sometimes I feel pretty awkward running it to build air. But then the next guy over fires up his brodozer with shopvac-edition turbo and straight pipe to go into town for more eye shadow at 7am every day, so who really cares?
Old 1 Week Ago
In The Learning Curve

My onboard Gast works well enough to air-up the coach, or just the dump valves using it's own tank.

For tire top-off I'm using a CO2 tank from PowerTank with a 250PSI regulator. Not the cheapest solution by far - but it's quick, portable, and requires no power. I filled the tank early last year - plenty still left.

https://powertank.com/collections/rv-motorhome
1995 WB 42 "The Magic Carpet"
Semper Fi
-----------------------------------------
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by badandy View Post
I've got an MBRP resonator, nothing else, on mine and it sounds awesome, especially with the Jake on, but in the campground sometimes I feel pretty awkward running it to build air. But then the next guy over fires up his brodozer with shopvac-edition turbo and straight pipe to go into town for more eye shadow at 7am every day, so who really cares?
Good point. I hear that most everywhere, but I still feel a twinge of embarrassment when I'm sitting there growling for several minutes.

Carmine Pacchino
Ft Myers Beach, FL
'83 PT35