Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > General

General Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach that are not covered in other Mechanic's Corner categories (ex. refrigerators, water heaters, and compressors).

Site Search:

Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelwheels View Post
I still haven’t worked out my step issues.

Do all 4 of these relays play a role ?
It is likely that they are working together and that when one relay is normally open at rest the second set of contacts in that same relay is normally closed therefore allowing another relay to be "active" and so it goes back and forth dependent on step position and also perhaps air pressure level? Hard to tell from here as a newbie.
It is also possible that other things are enabled or disabled (stair entry courtesy lights?) by on of the contacts. Do you want to disable one of the relays randomly or all at once?
I will ask what the three round silver contacts do in the left of picture number 1?
If they are part of this system it appears they are very dirty where they make contact with (probably) another set of contacts they meet up with at some point.
If that is the case, you may want to shine them up and see if there is any improvement. Also it is possible they aren't making solid contact due to movement as the coach gets older combined with being dirty. If yes you have a relay control problem and not a relay problem.
This is all a WAG (wild *** guess) from where I sit but...
Hope this helps,
Good luck
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbskt View Post
It is likely that they are working together and that when one relay is normally open at rest the second set of contacts in that same relay is normally closed therefore allowing another relay to be "active" and so it goes back and forth dependent on step position and also perhaps air pressure level? Hard to tell from here as a newbie.
It is also possible that other things are enabled or disabled (stair entry courtesy lights?) by on of the contacts. Do you want to disable one of the relays randomly or all at once?
I will ask what the three round silver contacts do in the left of picture number 1?
If they are part of this system it appears they are very dirty where they make contact with (probably) another set of contacts they meet up with at some point.
If that is the case, you may want to shine them up and see if there is any improvement. Also it is possible they aren't making solid contact due to movement as the coach gets older combined with being dirty. If yes you have a relay control problem and not a relay problem.
This is all a WAG (wild *** guess) from where I sit but...
Hope this helps,
Good luck
Thank you for you attempt to help. The silver contacts, I think are for the alarm system. The 2 round door switchs are the ones I was asking about. The bottom one operates one function of the door, it clicks the relay when operated. I don’t know what the top one does.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Disconnect either wire on the furnas switch. On mine it was stuck and wasn't allowing the step to kick out.

It's the bottom door switch... but I have had trouble finding a decent replacement. Cole Hersee and Grote make ones that look the same, but the quality is very poor and they easily short out inside.

With the furnas, I may never replace it. I don't really care about the step kicking out before pressure is lost.

It took me a while to figure out my step. I looked at that diagram and studied it. You have to run through the various scenarios to understand how all the pieces work. If nothing is making sense, you likely have two things wrong which makes the troubleshooting difficult. Bring it to Canada.
1978 GMC Royale 26' (2015-2016)
1988 FC-35SB (current)