Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Vehicle Issues

Vehicle Issues Frequently asked questions about vehicles, parts, maintenance, and troubleshooting

Site Search:

Old 05-27-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldgait View Post
me being a newbie when you're out and maybe for short trips in my 86 Bluebird I have to relearn everything every time I get in it full timer work on the road I swear its like driving a 747 lucky it's not I would have crashed already.
found fuel cutoff thanks a lot started right up now on to check fluid levels and suspicious warning light maybe bad sensor or should I say heart attack lite but it's only money right holy cow
Darrell, I would suggest that you get a little notebook. Then when you learn something new on the coach write down the step-by-step instructions so that you can easily do it again the next time you need to. I have a notebook that I refer to as "my brain" with nothing but Wanderlodge things in it.

1994 WB40 and a slow '73 Nova SS
Palomino Valley, NV

Where we are...

Once more I have to ask "What did humans ever do to deserve dogs?"

Map of Service Centers
Old 05-27-2015
RV Appraiser

Sometimes one can expierence brain fog 7-8 years after initial ownership, so don't feel to bad
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Old 05-27-2015

Darrel,
Rick has probably already explained it to you but the bus will not just turn off after starting UNLESS you already have some pressure built up in the air tanks. Otherwise you have to wait for the air pressure to build up-about 30PSI-usually about 5 minutes run time. The fuel shut off uses air pressure when activated from the ignition. This is obviously not the same as the cable you pulled.

The engine alarm will not automatically shut down the engine like the newer models. The kysor alarm module will only give you a warning-both light and buzzer. That is IF the system is working properly and they frequently do not. You will have to do a search on kysor and you will read a bunch on it. The synopsis is that it will only monitor three things. It will monitor oil pressure (alarms if less than 6 PSI), the coolant temp, and also the coolant level. (Does not monitor engine oil temp). If coolant level is good and oil level is OK that's all you can check. The coolant level probe-located in the top tank of radiator-is often the source of problems. May need to replace or clean the probe. (Don't do this till get home.) Sometimes the cooling system is a little low on coolant even though you see the level is OK according to the site glass in the reservoir tank. Add a 1/4 of a gallon and that MAY solve your problem. If low you need to check for leaks!! Detroit Diesels do not like heat!!
If you add coolant then check with the previous owner as to what they used.

If you have checked the fluid levels and confirm all is well then you can disable the buzzer-it can get annoying. The Kysor module is located in front of the gas pedals. Access it by opening the door in front of the drivers seat that the wiper arm comes through. About 12 3/8" in bolts and it will swing open. There is a position on the module labeled alarm that you disconnect the wire from. MAKE SURE YOU TURN THE MASTER SWITCH OFF UNDER THE DASH BEFORE FIDDLING WITH THOSE WIRES. If you can locate the buzzer in that compartment you could disconnect the power wire to it. That KYSOR system- is really the only thing that will give a warning that a hose has broken and you are going to overheat so if you can get it operational it is well worth the effort!!

Were you able to see how high the engine coolant temp got before you shut it down? Be aware that there is another buzzer in there that sounds similar but is associated with the leveling jacks-if you recently used them and they did not fully retract it can set that alarm off. Where did you get the bus?
Kansas, Il
Old 05-28-2015

Just wait 'til you discover the "Blair Switch" in the bedroom. Like the A/T, it has stumped many a new owner.

“Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed”
shanefedeli@gmail.com
717-645-4912
Old 05-28-2015

Here's a Kysor manual I downloaded from somewhere. I think these things went extinct years ago. Thankfully ours still works exactly as Ed described. I've had to add coolant occasionally to shut it up but am glad for the warning.

You should be using DD Power Cool (Plus) or equivalent. Just bought some from W.W. Williams and they only had the 50/50 premix. They said most of their calls were for off-road equipment where water wasn't available.

DD has test strips that will tell you the SCA concentration and if a non-compatible coolant is present.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Kysor Alarm Manual.pdf (1.92 MB, 168 views)
Old 05-28-2015
Mays Landing NJ

Default Newbie here too... trying to learn... have 96 42FT S60

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfedeli View Post
Just wait 'til you discover the "Blair Switch" in the bedroom. Like the A/T, it has stumped many a new owner.

And what, pray tell, is the "Blair Switch" in the bedroom?

rodmanb294@comcast.net

1996 WB 42 ft Body #115788
1973 MCI-7 BUS Conversion
Old 05-28-2015
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodmanb294 View Post
And what, pray tell, is the "Blair Switch" in the bedroom?

you have to read the thread,search Blair switch.
funny stuff with pics!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 05-28-2015

Default Blair switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
you have to read the thread,search Blair switch.
funny stuff with pics!
That is not at all what I thought it would be......funny

Member of the 2-bird Club
93 WB-40
83 PT-40

2007 Jeep Wrangler 4-door
Old 05-28-2015

Okay so alarm went off, bus died on its own or only after you hit anti theft switch? You also pulled fuel shutoff cable. Now you are trying to restart it?

Did you get the trans back in neutral?

Did you discover why the engine alarm went off? Is be hesitant to restart it until I figured that out.

Now I need to read up on this Blair switch!
VB 1570
Old 05-29-2015

found the problem busted hose 3 inch hose looks like about 3 inches long with about a 1 inch gap to put it back on so I have to take off the top unit to get that hose back on what a headache course their impact