Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Eclipse
WOG YouTube

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Coaches Wanted

Coaches Wanted Looking to buy a particular coach? Place your request here.

Site Search:

Old 11-01-2023

Default Wanting to Upgrade

We had an outstanding time at this year's WOG and the Vintage Birds Rally the week before.
We have decided to upgrade our bus to something with slides and more living room. We want to stay with the bus style just bigger. We will be selling our unit IF we find something we can move into. Our 1996 BMC40 is stored inside and needs nothing. We want 78,000.00 for the unit. Email rgus48@gmail.com for pictures

Robert Gustin
Hagerstown, IN
1996 BMC40
Busy Bird
2020 Jeep Wrangler TOAD
Old 4 Weeks Ago

F Y I

I owned this bus from 2007 until 2016. I bought it from a distant relative of mine. My decision to sell was solely based on my desire to move into a Super C unit and away from the Class A world. Sometimes I think I would have been better off to keep the BMC and that is especially true if considering the money side of the equation. This bus is very easy on the pocketbook to own and operate.

After selling it to Paul Cambron, Robert purchased it not very long ago. Paul and Deborah were very meticulous owners and took very good care of it. The care and upkeep it has received really shows when looking at the details.

If you are not familiar with the BMC line, here’s a couple of facts that you might find interesting. They were built right on the same assembly line as the “Wanderlodge”. My understanding is that Bluebird needed a middle price range alternative to the higher end coaches of the Wanderlodge line and the smaller and 3208 equipped SP line. The 3208 line was getting old even then and 300 horses was pushing the limits of normal operation in a coach considering longevity, cooling etc. The BMC line was equipped with “modern” engines from Cummins. The 400 hp M11 version is in this one and it is coupled to an Allison transmission that makes this a very good combination. The chassis was built by Spartan and they are still in Charlotte MI and support the line with technical as well as actual mechanical work if needed. Some accessories were left off in order to keep costs down but the fit and finish are very nice. Bluebird didn’t produce anything cheap like a lot of current offerings in the RV world.

If you are looking or even thinking about a future purchase of a class A, don’t hesitate to give this one some thought. It drives and performs very well. Has been maintained well and given the utmost care and attention to detail !!

Good Luck to Robert in his quest to upgrade to a slide equipped Coach.

Max Hendrix.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P2110307.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	192.9 KB
ID:	88567  

96 BMC 40' Sold
2008 HaulMark Super C S&S
Freightliner Chassis w/ 515hp S60 & 12sp Ultrashift

Last edited by max hendrix; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:35 AM. Reason: Added picture