Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 07-04-2009
Complete Greenhorn

Default How about "Can I use your bathroom?"

This is no joke. Not really camping, but still...

We were parked at the fireworks show this evening on the causeway island, sitting in front of the coach under the awning, I am in the midst of a work related phone conversation and some young woman walks up and asks to use the bathroom and offers me $2. Sheesh! I told her it was broken and directed her to the public facilities 200 yards away.

1979 FC33 Buddy Luce's bus (looking for a name)

LARGE MARGE - She left me for another man
Old 07-05-2009
Forum owner

KOAs have gone downhill in the last 10 years,once they were pretty nice.
And I do believe that seeing the KOA sign got people to stop for the night.
I was a campground owner for a while and we called KOA about becoming a KOA,they had stiff rules and they also got lots of money for that yellow paint!

Someone told me just what KOA stood for a few months ago,but I can't remember what it was.And it was not kampgrounds of america!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 07-05-2009
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanibel View Post
This is no joke. Not really camping, but still...

We were parked at the fireworks show this evening on the causeway island, sitting in front of the coach under the awning, I am in the midst of a work related phone conversation and some young woman walks up and asks to use the bathroom and offers me $2. Sheesh! I told her it was broken and directed her to the public facilities 200 yards away.

recently i was on the interstate and there had been a wreck,we were all stopped and sitting dead in the water,a lady with several kids next to me asked if they could use my bathroom.
I told her I was just the driver,and NO,they could not use it.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 07-05-2009

I have found that many KOA's are very substandard, but some times you have to use them as they are the only show in some small area.

I refer to KOA's as Kamp on Anything as you never know what substrate you will be parking on, or the amenities that they will have. Woodhall's tends to overrate the KOA's.

William Jensen
1993 PT 40 WBWL
8V92 Detroit Turbo
"Maudi"
Deerfield Beach, Florida
Old 07-05-2009

I canceled my KOA membership a couple of years ago when they changed their reservation policy. Their current policy is that if you change your reservation for whatever reason there is a cancellation fee. The last time I had a reservation we realized we could not make it in time and canceled more than 48 hours in advance. We still received a cancellation fee of $15. When I called the park (one where we had stayed several times in the past) they were very apologetic and said it was company policy. It's a ****** policy as far as I'm concerned, especially since most KOA's are older parks that have not updated their facilities. Their sites are too small in most parks and they often do not have good WiFi. I will avoid them in the future until they change their cancellation policy.
"Always Something"
Old 01-15-2018

Well said. I believe it has to do with respect . If they can't respect themselves how will they respect others? Pet waste and ferrel cats are my current complaint. I have never understood people walking through campsites that are occupied. I have honestly seen more adults doing it than children.
2010 Sprinter conversion " Roadrunner" (driving toad)
10' Cargo Trailer " The Egg"
Old 01-15-2018

We always get the bathroom beggers at football tailgates. Not only are they needy, but they are usually drunk too. I just say NO.

Sky Cheney
1998 43' LXi #F119728
Lansing, Michigan