Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > LX and LXI (Unique Issues)

LX and LXI (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your LX or LXI model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE ISSUES INVOLVED WITH ANY LAWSUIT.....list your LX and LXI Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 04-06-2019

Default Pump & Fresh water hose knocked off during transit ?

2000 LX - I am hooking up to clean water and apparently in route the hoses of the pump and the fresh water got disconnected from the tank. When I turn fresh water on into the coach- water runs all over the bay. Can someone tell me where these hose hookups are at so that I can get them hooked back up? I have no water going into the coach but instead washing the bays out. And we have severe storms about an hour away. Thanks in advance.
2010 Sprinter conversion " Roadrunner" (driving toad)
10' Cargo Trailer " The Egg"
Old 04-06-2019

the pump is in the same bay as the water hook up. mounted on the rear wall of that compartment. I would start looking for the disconnect in that bay.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 04-06-2019

So the two pipes that are broken are on the passenger side of the coach attached to the side of the Aquahot housing. Okay just found it - there are two PVC pipes that are on the back of the aqua hot smaller pipes passenger side bay. They look like they have moved and broken off. So we are going to try a temporary fix tonight before the storms with some hose and plumber clamps with some plumbers glue. If anyone has a long term solution for this please feel free to share.
Rick, are you saying the shut off is at the back of the water bay? On the back of our water bay is the actual fresh water tank with the metal wall that is on the outside of it ?
I just turned the water from the spigot completely off until we get it fixed. Since there are two water lines ( both smaller PVC ) Is it possible that one is water to the coach and one from the pump? Both of these look like they go into the AquaHot at the base of the Aqua hot?
Old 04-07-2019
ANOTHER REDNECK

on my 2003 the pump is on the pass side

shutoffs are on the driver side

you can shut off with many valves to do this but the main delivery line is on driver side

sorry for bad timing--i just seen this post..
Just a Hobby Shop now-Bird Repairs upon Appt and my Schedule -USAR Retired
Pleasanton Tx 78064
Do not use PM... please use
rwoody@fullnet.net
http://www.ebay.com/usr/woody19571

Old 04-07-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris View Post
So the two pipes that are broken are on the passenger side of the coach attached to the side of the Aquahot housing. Okay just found it - there are two PVC pipes that are on the back of the aqua hot smaller pipes passenger side bay. They look like they have moved and broken off. So we are going to try a temporary fix tonight before the storms with some hose and plumber clamps with some plumbers glue. If anyone has a long term solution for this please feel free to share.
Rick, are you saying the shut off is at the back of the water bay? On the back of our water bay is the actual fresh water tank with the metal wall that is on the outside of it ?
I just turned the water from the spigot completely off until we get it fixed. Since there are two water lines ( both smaller PVC ) Is it possible that one is water to the coach and one from the pump? Both of these look like they go into the AquaHot at the base of the Aqua hot?
No I was saying that's where the shore and water pressure supply is for your coach. The two small PVC pipes are Cold Water Inlet and Hot Water Outlet for the Aquahot. If those pipe are broken you cant build pressure in the rest of the water system. The long term solution is to replace/repair the broken pipes s.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 04-07-2019

Rick is correct. I had a leak in our Aquahot and bypassed the Aquahot by fabricating a short PVC double elbow that sent the cold water inlet directly into the Aquahot into the Hot water outlet from the Aquahot. Once done, we had no hot water but the water system held pressure and worked just fine. Easy fix to make with short PVC pipe segments, two elbows, and some PVC pipe cement.

Mike Shaw
98 LX
Northern Virginia

Old 04-16-2019

thank you guys ! That is precisely what we had to do is to rebuild both pipes. They are working good as new now.