Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 12-26-2019
Redneck quadder

Default Warm winter places

The OL and myself have been toying with the idea of buying a place in the USA for our winter months. It would be a place that we lived in for 5 to 6 months.

I'd prefer a place away from oceans and humidity.

Ruralish would be ideal, not a big city.

Figured some of you guys would have some ideas.

Thanks

Edit....looking for a house.

Last edited by 79Ranger; 12-26-2019 at 06:29 PM.
Old 12-26-2019

Texas hill country. Outside of Austin.

Brian Stephens
'97 PT43
Old 12-26-2019
Redneck quadder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianS View Post
Texas hill country. Outside of Austin.

Interesting, a buddy in Austin suggested the same place, thank you.
Old 12-26-2019

ORI , it is in Indio Ca . You buy a lot and enjoy sunshine and just a short ride to the Mountains .

2000 LXI Single Slide (sold)
1999 Prevost Vantare 45

Ormond Beach, Florida
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
www.fastcubes.com
Old 12-26-2019
Redneck quadder

Quote:
Originally Posted by al perna View Post
ORI , it is in Indio Ca . You buy a lot and enjoy sunshine and just a short ride to the Mountains .

That looks nice but I should have been more clear....I want a house, Bird will probably be used to drive there with and then parked.

And thanks!
Old 12-26-2019

Arkansas Ozarks
318-553-4186
1994 BMC 37' "Sold"
2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
1986 F150
KE5WCW
Old 12-26-2019

Default Wants to be a Sunbird, but where?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79Ranger View Post
That looks nice but I should have been more clear....I want a house, Bird will probably be used to drive there with and then parked. And thanks!
Search Google with “RV garage homes Arizona” (or other state you might be interested in). Lots of options. Further away from big cities = less $$ to build and operate. You’ve likely seen the Birdhouse we had built 3 years ago. LOVE that 65’ air conditioned garage! Our plan to be Sunbirds this first “unemployed” year has worked out perfect. Might’ve chosen something in TX & a bit further out, had it not been for the MIL. However, the flip side of being on the outskirts of a big metro area is it helps with higher appreciation and when the time comes, better than average resale potential. AZ, FL and south TX/gulf coast are all nice for 3 seasons a year. Then a BB can almost certainly find cooler temps in the Summers. Have heard good things about AR, and SoCal would be nice if it weren’t for the taxes & politics. It all depends on where you want to spend 4-6 months a year .

If a bird house with a garage is not needed or desired, Escapee parks are nice alternatives too.
Old 12-26-2019
Redneck quadder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold,Cat&Sam View Post
Arkansas Ozarks

Will look, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGas View Post
Search Google with “RV garage homes Arizona” (or other state you might be interested in). Lots of options. Further away from big cities = less $$ to build and operate. You’ve likely seen the Birdhouse we had built 3 years ago. LOVE that 65’ air conditioned garage! Our plan to be Sunbirds this first “unemployed” year has worked out perfect. Might’ve chosen something in TX & a bit further out, had it not been for the MIL. However, the flip side of being on the outskirts of a big metro area is it helps with higher appreciation and when the time comes, better than average resale potential. AZ, FL and south TX/gulf coast are all nice for 3 seasons a year. Then a BB can almost certainly find cooler temps in the Summers. Have heard good things about AR, and SoCal would be nice if it weren’t for the taxes & politics. It all depends on where you want to spend 4-6 months a year .

If a bird house with a garage is not needed or desired, Escapee parks are nice alternatives too.

Thing is Van is we don't want to stay in the Bird, the only reason for driving it is that we have several cats that would be coming with us and a passenger vehicle would suck hehehe...would make some entertaining video though!

Would tow the pickup with the quad in the box

The boss likes Arizona as she goes there somewhat frequently.

I have never travelled much as I really don't like it so I've not got a lot to go on as far as locations.

Ideally would like firearm friendly as well.

Will check those links out, thanks!
Old 12-26-2019
Redneck quadder

Beautiful place you built Van!
Old 12-27-2019

We have a Canadian friend that lives near Toronto. She retired and started "heading South" for winters about 5 years ago. Although she has the means to buy property...she elected to go the RV route. She stays one winter or two on a seasonal site in an RV resort area and then as the desire hits her moves on someplace new the next year.

As already stated in this thread...so many options exist for the Southern US that to tie yourself to one site seems limiting. As long as you have & use an RV...keep your mobile options open. Once your not as mobile...find a place...but do so from the knowledge base of having visited a lot of places.

Coach photos & comments: http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...php?albumid=79