Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 08-21-2012

Default Search Function Hijacked?

Looks like Google has hijacked the WOG search function (at least on my computer) and I don't like Google.

What caused this (hopefully it can be changed)
Old 08-21-2012

There is still the old search function on the top right. Why would you not like the googler? I will admit I used bing a lot in Alaska because the googler was too slow. I am now back to the googler though. I like the way it works better. The spies see what you search on anyway, no matter the search engine.
Fruita Colorado
Old 08-21-2012

I've a new google search bar on my wog page to, Never noticed it before.
Old 08-21-2012

Just noticed, George, that the "search function" is still at the top like its always been - guess I'm getting inattentive in my old age.......

No particular reason, I just don't like Google, I tolerate Yahoo, since I have Yahoo Mail and I don't particularly care for Bing either. Guess my children are right - old, crochety, set in my ways, etc. etc. etc.

By the way, I liked Windows 3.1 and wish I still had it.
Old 08-21-2012
davidmbrady

Tommy, that explains your affection for early to mid 1990's Wanderlodges, encyclopedia britannica, and the yellow pages.
Old 08-21-2012
Forum owner

No good deed goes UN-punished!
You cab still search the old way,even though it sucked!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 08-21-2012
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpersbird View Post
I've a new google search bar on my wog page to, Never noticed it before.

Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning > Google search and I didn't even have to do a Search either way to find it.

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 08-21-2012
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Hat Guy View Post
Just noticed, George, that the "search function" is still at the top like its always been - guess I'm getting inattentive in my old age.......

No particular reason, I just don't like Google, I tolerate Yahoo, since I have Yahoo Mail and I don't particularly care for Bing either. Guess my children are right - old, crochety, set in my ways, etc. etc. etc.

By the way, I liked Windows 3.1 and wish I still had it.

Tommy,

I personally like the Google search feature that Mark added for us. it saves me a few seconds from having to open another browser page to do a Google search to help you guys out, I was pretty good at using our search feature but just like Randy said it sucked BIG TIME.........................but you can still TRY to use it and it can still frustrate you and leave you hanging

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 08-21-2012
Skidder

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Roberts View Post
There is still the old search function on the top right. Why would you not like the googler? I will admit I used bing a lot in Alaska because the googler was too slow. I am now back to the googler though. I like the way it works better. The spies see what you search on anyway, no matter the search engine.
To all:

I have eliminated all spies by installing a VPN (Virtual Private Network) called Witopia and right now I am hooked on to a Vegas IP address even though I am in Canada.

2 moths ago after I visited Buffalo NY, and used my computer at a WIFI location. When I got home a few days later, I realized that my Yahoo mail contact list had been hijacked by someone, and all those on the list received emails that hadn't originated by me. I was very frustrated, and spoke to a friend of mine who knows and works in the computer field, and told me I should install a VPN (Virtual Private Network).

Not any more.!!! I now use my VPN, and nobody can see what I am doing, and where I am going,or even my correct IP address. As I presently send this response my IP address shows Vegas, NV, even though I am in Canada. I can choose from many many encrypted tunnels all around the world.

P.S. I have no personal involvement or interest in this Witopia, but am just passing this along to you all. If you want to learn more, go to;

www.witopia.net

Wannabee
Old 08-21-2012

David, Heck, I guess I have become a nostalgic anachronism. A few of the younger generation think I'm cool - the 90's were good - wanderlodges, fuel prices low, economy good. Just enjoying my entitlements. Go back a little further - I still like the Beach Boys, Annette Funicello, Bobby Daren, Jimmy Hendrix, Woodstock, etc.

Guess I have become an anacronistic "hold-over" - nobody in the younger generation really knows what a "Rednek" is anymore. Shoot, I still have a collection of 8-Tracks, and VCR's.

Approaching the proverbial 3 score and 10 in a few days - and, I can finally do what I want to do.