Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 09-14-2016
Gardner

Default Low Rider, blown air bag

As I was driving the coach home from a nice trip, I noticed the bus was growing, or I was shrinking. We had hit a couple of special bumps in the road that slammed me down pretty hard on the seat. The 3 year old Sears air ride seats. Well, it created a leak in the air seat air bag and the seat was slowly getting lower. I have to give it a shot of air every few minutes to stay on top of things

The replacement bag is $50, but getting it installed looks to be a heck of a project. Can't get to it with the seat aired down. Looks like I need to make a support to hold the seat up while working and schedule a Chiropractor to fix me afterwards.

I hope it holds till I can fix it, otherwise I will need a booster seat!!!
78 FC 33 Happinest (Sold)
Ridgewood, New Jersey

Last edited by gcyeaw; 09-14-2016 at 04:13 PM.
Old 09-14-2016

Gardner are you sure the bag is blown. Mine loses air like that once in a while and I think it's the air fill/dump switch just not seating tightly.
Westchester Sandblast
Old 09-14-2016

Switch the seat with the passenger seat. Next time you are along I-80 maybe they can fix it at the factory.
1986 PT36 6V92 "Golden Memories"-Sold
1993 WB40 "freeNeasy"-Sold
Old 09-15-2016
Gardner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Davis View Post
Switch the seat with the passenger seat. Next time you are along I-80 maybe they can fix it at the factory.
Rick,
I suspect Kathy might not go for that Besides, it would be easier to fix than swap for sure. New bag is in the mail.
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Old 09-20-2016
Gardner

OK, after spending 4 hours changing the air bag, that wasn't it After removing the air line to the bag I took a quick look and found several wear areas, but failed to see the crack. It was is such a position that the air felt and appeared to come from the bag top seal. Actually I had to cut the line to remove it anyway as the fitting would not release the tubing and it is near impossible to get to it with two hands.

If you have Sears seat I would take a close look at the tubing routing from the valve to the bag, it is a poor design and there are serious moving edges causing wear on the tubing. I softened the edges with tape and will add plastic sheathing when I get some of the right size.

If you do change a bag, install the air fitting FIRST. I would suggest just removing the seat from the coach as well if it is the drivers side. Otherwise it is almost impossible to line up the top and bottom bolts that thread into the bag.

No pics, camera is broken too
Ridgewood, New Jersey