Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > LX and LXI (Unique Issues)

LX and LXI (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your LX or LXI model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE ISSUES INVOLVED WITH ANY LAWSUIT.....list your LX and LXI Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 02-09-2019

Default 2000 LX40 Transfer switch for 50 amp plug

Can anyone tell me where the transfer switch is located? And how to access it? Also would it cause an issue with not storing power for the coach? Our coach batteries are between 13-14V and the inverter has been tested that it is working properly.

I have a repair guy who is searching it out but feels like it is in the top and back of the closet. Before I start taking things out ( we have installed wire racks) I want to be sure we are looking in the right place.

When coach craft did our floor and closet they left two hatches on the closet on the riser and the front of the floor on the closet.

The day this started I heard something from the engine compartment while the coach was parked and on shore power that sounded like a bike chain coming off and rattling.

We are on shore power now but I have woken the past two mornings and power to the Heat pump /ac units #1 and #2 have been not working ( these were all replaced last summer) #3 was working but today was bogging and losing power.

Yesterday I turned on the generator when this happened with in 15 -20 min all power was restored. Inverter was showing bulk charging. Everything stayed working and powered through last night sometime. But overnight lost power again.

I woke to the same thing today. Except unit 1 and 2 were not working ( still showed power on thermostat) and #3 was bogging and eventually went off as well. The inverter had an error code and was trying to bulk charge. The inverter has been tested as fine.

The power pole is fine and we have a surge protector - showing L1 114A and L2 122 A.

Does anyone have any suggestions what might be happening with this - could it be the transfer switch in the back?

thanks in advance ,
Paris
2010 Sprinter conversion " Roadrunner" (driving toad)
10' Cargo Trailer " The Egg"
Old 02-09-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris View Post
Can anyone tell me where the transfer switch is located? And how to access it? Also would it cause an issue with not storing power for the coach? Our coach batteries are between 13-14V and the inverter has been tested that it is working properly.

I have a repair guy who is searching it out but feels like it is in the top and back of the closet. Before I start taking things out ( we have installed wire racks) I want to be sure we are looking in the right place.

When coach craft did our floor and closet they left two hatches on the closet on the riser and the front of the floor on the closet.

The day this started I heard something from the engine compartment while the coach was parked and on shore power that sounded like a bike chain coming off and rattling.

We are on shore power now but I have woken the past two mornings and power to the Heat pump /ac units #1 and #2 have been not working ( these were all replaced last summer) #3 was working but today was bogging and losing power.

Yesterday I turned on the generator when this happened with in 15 -20 min all power was restored. Inverter was showing bulk charging. Everything stayed working and powered through last night sometime. But overnight lost power again.

I woke to the same thing today. Except unit 1 and 2 were not working ( still showed power on thermostat) and #3 was bogging and eventually went off as well. The inverter had an error code and was trying to bulk charge. The inverter has been tested as fine.

The power pole is fine and we have a surge protector - showing L1 114A and L2 122 A.

Does anyone have any suggestions what might be happening with this - could it be the transfer switch in the back?

thanks in advance ,
Paris
Transfer switch is in the 3rd bay, curb/right/passenger side of the coach. Its mounted high on the rear wall between the holding tank and the wall. You will need to remove the filler and perhaps the metal cover for the tanks to be able to get to the transfer switch. Now that I said all that I don't think its your problem.

The power runs from the curb/left/driver side connection through the engine compartment down the frame rail, then across to the other side of the coach. Since you heard noise in the engine compartment, do you think the power cord in the engine compartment may be shorting out? I would start there with a carful look. You can see the cord over the top of the radiator/cac and then down toward the rear of the coach where it turns at the frame.

That is how mine is wired and I know of at least one other 2000 LX like this. Yours could be different but its a place to start.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 02-09-2019

Transfer switch is probably the one thing on my bus that I haven't been into. Following this thread!

I have seen those 50 amp twistlocks burn up where they connect to the coach. Check the easy stuff first.
Birdless for now.
RShrimp@Yahoo.com
Old 02-09-2019
Forum owner

I think you have a power problem from the pole.
It may be good when you look,but thats not to say it was good all night.
If you start the genny and all is well,it points to shore power being the problem.
Or maybe your power cord,if thats after the surge protector.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com