Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > General Discussion > New Members

New Members New members to the forum are welcomed here.

Site Search:

Old 08-19-2019

I hear no leaks just hear it filling the tanks . There is one red hose underneath front driver side next to the wheel but it’s not leaking where is the drain valves ? This is a m380 2003
Old 08-19-2019

Call me. 870 715 96three nine if you like.

I'd like to try and help you. Free!
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656

Last edited by Rick; 08-19-2019 at 08:09 PM.
Old 08-19-2019

When that happened to mine it was due to rats and mice eating a hole (s) in the air line. Have you checked for signs of rodents? In mine the nests were in the center of the coach where the air line runs. I would be surprised if you did not have some infestation after sitting for a year and perhaps longer prior to your purchase. After installing new air lines I keep rat rappers in each of the bays and that has worked for me just fine over the past 10 years since the problem.
Email DennisTorresMalibu@gmail.com
Old 08-19-2019

All batteries good, on ground power? Check air lines, Dennis did have a major problem with mice.
"Smooth Ride"
Full Timing with 2 cats

Last edited by Dc2x4drvr; 08-19-2019 at 08:45 PM.
Old 08-19-2019

When the rats chewed my M380 air line, the leak was so big it didn't make enough noise to hear. Even hooked up to a shop compressor. I found it by feeling the air flow with my hand inside the center duct. Those ducts were a neat design, but sure an advertisement for a rat hotel. I ended up sealing the ends with steel wool and foam.
Old 08-19-2019
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
I hear no leaks just hear it filling the tanks . There is one red hose underneath front driver side next to the wheel but it’s not leaking where is the drain valves ? This is a m380 2003
is the engine running when you hear the air going into the tanks?
have you tried shop air?
do the dash gauges indicate air pressure?

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 08-19-2019

Jim, I sealed mine too.
Email DennisTorresMalibu@gmail.com
Old 08-20-2019

John - The M380 air system diagram might help you diagnose: https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...1&d=1381195926

Suggestions above good. The spring Brakes (parking brake - Yellow knob you mention), needs air pressure to release. If that connection has been left open by someone who towed the coach, air pressure won’t build and it won’t move.

As you can see in diagram, lots of places for air to escape. That’s especially true when coach has been stored outside for a year. Thankfully, mine isn’t & I haven’t had to deal with critters so far. But do have a couple sonic deterrent boxes in the bays. Do you have access to a Sonic Leak detector? Bought one a couple years ago & they make tracing leaks much easier. In your case, my $$ is on chewed lines. Do you have both 12V DC & 120V AC air pumps? Some coach’s dont have the 12V pump.

So you hear the two brake air tanks trying to fill with the 120V AC pump running?
How about the suspension? It makes a slight clicking sound when raising.
What PSI do the two dash Air gauges (Air Brake tanks) get up to? If any...
Confirm dump switch NOT in dump? When you switch that toggle, do you hear the dump valve changing position? The valve is under the coach, almost directly below you when you are sitting in the drivers seat. That said, system air pressure should increase even when the suspension is dumped.
Another leak prone area is LF Bay with two air compressors. Do you hear anything leaking there?
How about under that bay? There is a small air dump valve for the Aux Air Tank in there, with a line extending down/outside. The Aux tank in that compartment is also very leak prone because the old style shark bite connections get dry & brittle. On the bottle, the plumbers sealant BB used is also prone to leaking with age and drying out. My air system in this compartment is non-standard (PO modified). I went through some trials diagnosing a bad mod by the PO or his mechanic. That ordeal is described in a WOG thread (search my handle with “Help Air Pressure”
How about the front height control valve and air manifold? Find the front ride height valve under the chassis inside of the left front wheel. The rear valves are located above and slightly forward of the rear differential (up high if you’re looking up)
Have you looked in the Slide Air Box, above and left of the potable water tank on the left side. What are the two air guage in that black box saying?
There’s an air supply connector in the wet bay, left side. Leaking?
The air dryer has already been mentioned. Find it in the bay with the small dump hose storage access door on the left side.
Is there a toad air connector? If it’s damaged or pulled out, air will escape there.
The shop air connector is in the engine bay and looks like a tire valve,stem air connection.

Those are some of the bigger issue prone areas. However, air lines run EVERYWHERE on this coach. And if critters have enjoyed themselves, all bets are off. Diagnosing this without getting the coach up on a lift or ramps (so you can get under it) will be nearly impossible. Recommend you research towing one of these coaches (on the WOG) before you call for a truck. Lots of horror stories about this subject, sorry to say.

Lastly, good luck!
Old 08-20-2019

I’m filling the rear air engine compartment with air and I hear air above the transmission area .i went underneath and cannot really feel any air I went inside and lifted the bed but no acces it’s just carpet . I’m wondering if it’s a leak there or just the tank filling or just air passing thru . It’s kinda loud . And my compressor never shut off . I release the valve they r not leaking . Also I see no evidence of critters and only one blue hose was cut and leaki crimped it . For now .
Old 08-20-2019

Also those gauges in the black box are reading zero