Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > SP (Single Axle Pusher Unique Issues)

SP (Single Axle Pusher Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your SP model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it....List your SP parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 01-08-2020

Default Problem with water pressure regulator

Hi,

I have lost water pressure in my coach, when hooked up to shore water.
I assumed that I needed a new water pressure regulator. When removing the old one, I noticed that there is no pressure drop at the regulator. And I found what appears to be a stuck check valve beyond this regulator. It appears that replacing this valve will require tearing out a wall below the nightstand on the driver side of the rear bedroom. Is this so? Please tell me there is an easier way to remove this check valve from the outside, near the water inlet port. Once out, is it best to replace it or rely on a regulator on the water hose instead? I use city water via the hose most of the time.

Thanks,

Joe
Old 01-08-2020
Administrator

There should be two small holes on either side of the hose connection.
Use two awls or something to unscrew.
IF a new one is needed purchase same and replace the guts.
Old 01-08-2020

Default Wrong Assumption?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWilliamson View Post
... I assumed that I needed a new water pressure regulator. When removing the old one, I noticed that there is no pressure drop at the regulator. And I found what appears to be a stuck check valve beyond this regulator...
Not familiar with SP but could Joe be seeing a Sporlan Valve? Would be easy to confuse the two, but completely different function. Do WOG search for “Sporlan Valve”.
Old 01-08-2020
tintent

on my sp the sporlan is under the bed . I do not recall a check when I replaced my regulator last summer
Old 01-08-2020
Forum owner

I have seen a sporlan valve on an SP on the curb side,down at floor level between the stack of drawers and the closet.
Its fun!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 01-08-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
I have seen a sporlan valve on an SP on the curb side,down at floor level between the stack of drawers and the closet.
Its fun!
That's where it is on my former 90 89173 (Bobbie Martin's coach) it is very accessible at the access point for the chassis heater.
chip@collectorsco.com / 804-357-4926
2004 M380 101k/22xx hours
1987 FC35 TMU/42xx hours
Former: 90 SP36, 92 WB40, 85 FC35SB & others
Old 01-08-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWilliamson View Post
Hi,

I have lost water pressure in my coach, when hooked up to shore water.
I assumed that I needed a new water pressure regulator. When removing the old one, I noticed that there is no pressure drop at the regulator. And I found what appears to be a stuck check valve beyond this regulator. It appears that replacing this valve will require tearing out a wall below the nightstand on the driver side of the rear bedroom. Is this so? Please tell me there is an easier way to remove this check valve from the outside, near the water inlet port. Once out, is it best to replace it or rely on a regulator on the water hose instead? I use city water via the hose most of the time.

Thanks,

Joe
If the problem is not in the Sporlan valve which is likely next to the chassis heater but in this regulator, remove the carpeted panel on the road side running fore and aft and then the base of the nightstand if you can't get to it with the bed propped up. It is a tight fit. Good time to valve out or disconnect the water purge solenoid from coach air as well.
chip@collectorsco.com / 804-357-4926
2004 M380 101k/22xx hours
1987 FC35 TMU/42xx hours
Former: 90 SP36, 92 WB40, 85 FC35SB & others
Old 01-08-2020

What Chip describes is exactly how ours is plumbed also. Sporlan valve between the chassis heater and water tank inside the closet. I also have to reseal/ replace the guts from the regulator as water seeps out of the holes on either side of the hose connection when water is connected. Please post what regulator you end up robbing parts out of to fix the issue, I was concerned internals may have changed over the years and would not fit.