Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 01-17-2020
Gardner

Default Cold storage

I took a ride to the storage facility to check on the coach. It was 20 degrees outside and inside the coach as well No signs of mice or other critters. Batteries were at 12.7, that is nice. (no power, so I charge them up and shut off the disconnect when I store it). They hold the charge fine. If it was warmer I might start the gen and give them a boost, but at 20 degrees if the gennie didn't kick I would end up with partially charged batteries, so left it alone.
Spring is just around the corner
78 FC 33 Happinest (Sold)
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Old 01-17-2020

I ran mine the other day when it was 70 degrees out. You missed a good opportunity!

Marc Pease
New Haven, CT
1991 TC2000 (sold)
1982 FC35SB "Rollin' Old School"

marc@marcpease.com
Old 01-18-2020

Gardner,
I do the same as you, park it, disconnect the batts and monitor. Its comforting to me somehow to find out someone as knowledgeable as you dose the same, thanks for mentioning it. Seems most keep there charger on? I don't know, some things are just not talked about to much.
Anyway 12.7 is still 100% charge state isn't it? Id have done the same as you, not only would you have lost more charge but your generator would have had to run for what 2,3 hours before it came up to an operating temperature not to have introduced moisture. Now that might not be a big deal to some, but that is a lot of time to putter around the bus with nothing much to do. Perhaps I over think things.
Good hearing from you,
Jim.
Old 01-18-2020
Gardner

When I do run the gen I do a couple of hours and maybe go to lunch or something. If I had power, a small charger would be nice. I would still disconnect the batteries as during a power failure the coach would drain them dead. I have had discussions with others warning if one battery is bad it will kill the rest. But if one is bad, unless they are real new, you gotta replace them all anyway.

So not everyone agrees with my way, but it has worked fine for me over the last 15 years or so.
78 FC 33 Happinest (Sold)
Ridgewood, New Jersey