Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Craigs List, Ebay, Coaches and other Finds

Craigs List, Ebay, Coaches and other Finds Other Coaches or anything else you have found for sale that others here might want to know about.

Site Search:

Old 06-07-2019

Default Thanks!

I greatly appreciate everyone's sage advice.

After some hard thinking on the cat urine problem, there is really no price that is low enough to make it worth the potential that I might not be able to get rid of the smell.

The current owner has clearly done a bunch of work to get rid of it enough that I couldn't smell it. But I know that smell never really goes away.

As several of you have intoned, a real steal just doesn't happen with these coaches. Spending more upfront will save me money, time and headaches in the long run.

So glad you guys were here to help! I will turn to you for help when the next one comes up!
Looking for my FC!
Old 06-07-2019

I’m a little late to the party.

You could prine the subfloor with Killz or rip it all out and put down new.
Sounds like the current owner was heading that route.

This bird did have some pluses, there’s no Bird out there that your going to get for that kind of money with out doing a ton of work to.

A lot of the stuff people mentioned are items you’d need to check even on a Bird in much better condition. I know of one Bird (fc)that’s mostly new mechanically and $40k is the entry fee, and it’s a rear bath.

If you were on the fence why’d you make the guy a offer, unless you qualified the offer with I’ll give you $9000 but give me tonight to sleep on it ?
That may be critical, I feel if your doing a deal and shake on it, well you know.
Just saying.
Old 06-07-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelwheels View Post
I’m a little late to the party.

You could prine the subfloor with Killz or rip it all out and put down new.
Sounds like the current owner was heading that route.

This bird did have some pluses, there’s no Bird out there that your going to get for that kind of money with out doing a ton of work to.

A lot of the stuff people mentioned are items you’d need to check even on a Bird in much better condition. I know of one Bird (fc)that’s mostly new mechanically and $40k is the entry fee, and it’s a rear bath.

If you were on the fence why’d you make the guy a offer, unless you qualified the offer with I’ll give you $9000 but give me tonight to sleep on it ?
That may be critical, I feel if your doing a deal and shake on it, well you know.
Just saying.

Kiki,

Thanks for chiming in anyway. you make some good points about the upside of this coach. Truth is, I am still on the fence. If it weren't for the cat urine, I would probably bite.

I appreciate your criticism on backing out of the deal, I don't like to be like that. But this was not a done deal and he still hasn't agreed to it. Furthermore, I made the offer not knowing the history of the bus. Not like the owner was hiding the history, but he didn't exactly tell me about the cat pee when I asked him about any known issues either.
Looking for my FC!

Last edited by gumperoncini; 06-07-2019 at 01:23 PM.
Old 06-07-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumperoncini View Post
Kiki,

Thanks for chiming in anyway. you make some good points about the upside of this coach. Truth is, I am still on the fence. If it weren't for the cat urine, I would probably bite.

I appreciate your criticism on backing out of the deal, I don't like to be like that. But this was not a done deal and he never agreed to it. Furthermore, I made the offer not knowing the history of the bus. Not like the owner was hiding the history, but he didn't exactly tell me about the cat pee when I asked him about any known issues either.
Thanks for not taking offense. Good luck on your search, Birds are a blast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunzelj View Post
If this one get scrapped - I want parts!

I agree after the two I have owned. Get a good one. They cost you less in the end. This FC would be a good candidate for those who would otherwise convert a schoolie.

Good looking bus on the outside, but the interior is gutted?
Jeff I have a place we could park this thing in Taos, also probably know someone who would be interested in taking it off the road and using it for a part time living space.

It would be great to have a parts bus, takes a while to get the money back out once in but it could happen eventually. I wouldn’t mind having a backup parts on the shelf.
Old 06-07-2019

Quote:
It's actually pretty good on the inside too.

what you got against skoolies?!? I would proudly convert a Bluebird school bus if they weren't so difficult to get insured and registered. In addition to being discriminated against by RV parks.
nothin' gets past you does it? no ins. no welcome mat @ the RV park, what the heck, life's just not fair. Then there's that RIVA tag that should really be taken seriously.
Germantown, WI/Myrtle ID
www.AutoTransDesign.com

http://s767.photobucket.com/user/mhohnstein/library/
Old 06-07-2019

Nothing against skoolies. Some are pretty rough and I wouldn't park within 100', including the one that was at Q this year. It was a Thomas MVP so that's bad enough!

Some people have taken Wanderlodges and turned them into something else. That's not what I like to see, but everyone is entitled to do as you please with their own stuff.

If someone wanted a Wanderlodge to turn into something else... this might be a good candidate since it will never be original.

Kiki - I call dibs on the two passenger side awnings and the ZF ECU.
1978 GMC Royale 26' (2015-2016)
1982 FC-33SB 250HP (2007-2009)
Old 06-07-2019
RV Appraiser

Quote:
It's actually pretty good on the inside too.

what you got against skoolies?!? I would proudly convert a Bluebird school bus if they weren't so difficult to get insured and registered. In addition to being discriminated against by RV parks.
I think you answered your own questions, a skoolie is not a Wanderlodge. You can put a new suit on a pig but it's still a pig.
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Old 1 Week Ago

If you did in fact pass on this bus, would you be interested in forwarding the contact info?

631-478-1330

Or

Quadrace13@yahoo.con
Old 5 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoCoach View Post
If you did in fact pass on this bus, would you be interested in forwarding the contact info?

631-478-1330

Or

Quadrace13@yahoo.con
I didn't pass on this bus, the bus passed on me. After taking some time to consider my offer, the owner never contacted me. I guess that was a NO. Funny, because he said he would get back to me either way because he wasn't that type of guy. I assume he found another buyer with a better offer because the ad disappeared a few weeks later.
Looking for my FC!
Old 5 Days Ago

Quote:
the bus passed on me
I hate to say if but they were doing you a favor... I know the price of entry was low, and I also considered this bus when I was shopping around a few years ago. The smell will NEVER get out of this one.