Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Generators

Generators In this forum we will try to answer any of your questions about the different model generators that can be found on Blue Bird coach's.

Site Search:

Old 12-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamflagman View Post
Victor,

You don't need to start a new thread, your questions fit this topic, just continue on here.
No problem. I'm comparing my wiring schematic to the actual control box later today. The schematic shows 6 relays but I only remember 4.
Grey Forest, TX
Old 06-23-2011
Senior

Victor I apologize for taking so long on coming back and helping you. But what I am going to say may help a lot of others.

Two things. First the control box that I built will work in any coach with the Kohler/Perkins setup. I simplified things by using all relays instead of some of the crazy stuff that someone designed into the contol box you show and very much like the one in my previous 1982 FC35.

Secondly for those that are having problems with the generator blowing fuses etc and not being able to restart. ALWAY and I say ALWAYS shut off all electrical devices BEFORE you shut down the generator. If you have the battery charger running...shut it down. Ditto for the TV, coffee maker, vacuum cleaner, hair dryer ANYTHING that uses electricity and just to make sure I then switch to shore power before shutting the generator off. If you dont do this religiously one of these times you will blow the rectifiers or worse. That big collapsing electrical field may play **** with anything connected to it.
There is a substiture control box you can buy that will work with the perkins generator and someone else on the forum bought one if my memory has not been toasted
6V92
Old 06-23-2011
davidmbrady

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbucks13477 View Post
Victor I apologize for taking so long on coming back and helping you.
Tom, No apologies necessary, it's only been a year and a half!
Old 06-23-2011
Senior

Wow a year and a half??? How time flies. I have had a problem lately with confusion David caused by some of the meds I have been taking. And all of the time I thought it was only 6 months between Victors message and my response from December 20,2010 to June 23, 2011 . Boy I am really slipping but then the good side is that I answered the question or did I????
6V92
Old 06-24-2011

Quote:
Wow a year and a half??? How time flies. I have had a problem lately with confusion David caused by some of the meds I have been taking. And all of the time I thought it was only 6 months between Victors message and my response from December 20,2010 to June 23, 2011 . Boy I am really slipping but then the good side is that I answered the question or did I????
Well its good to have you back Tom!
Old 06-24-2011
davidmbrady

Quote:
Nope, you're right, my math was wrong. Now can I have the master CD???
Old 06-24-2011

Quote:
Two things. First the control box that I built will work in any coach with the Kohler/Perkins setup. I simplified things by using all relays instead of some of the crazy stuff that someone designed into the contol box you show and very much like the one in my previous 1982 FC35.
I have not made any progress in getting my genset running. Would you be willing to share the "simplified" control box schematics?
Grey Forest, TX
Old 06-30-2011
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stout View Post
I have not made any progress in getting my genset running. Would you be willing to share the "simplified" control box schematics?
In trying to catch up on past postings , I stumbled across this confusing
2/2010, thread by Darryl & Dan, "Trouble with Perkins/Kohler Genset".
Stout (Victor) seems to also have an issue, both seem to be 80FC's.
Can some one help ??
Most recent requests for help were posted last week.
Unless I may have mis-read this thread,
I suggest it may be best for Darryl , Dan, or Victor Stout to start a new updated thread.