Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > General

General Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach that are not covered in other Mechanic's Corner categories (ex. refrigerators, water heaters, and compressors).

Site Search:

Old 06-15-2009

Ron,
I found the check valve on mine leaking pretty good while in Branson last year. Since I'd only had the coach a little while, I was fortunate the factory guys were there. They gave me some great tips to fix it. You can go to a good plumbing supply house and get a 1/2" check valve that will be much more robust than the factory one (which is a simple plastic disc and spring arrangement- the disc wears, causing the leak). Anyway, you buy the smallest backflow preventer you can get and with a couple of adapters, change out the check valves. Mine was located right above and slightly to the rear of my pumps. It's mounted on a regulator, which is used to prevent the air system from blowing up your plumbing system. I went a step further and put a nylon quarter turn valve in the plastic air line. Some people will argue you need brass but the nylon ones are rated for 250psi, so I am comfortable with it. Now I can turn the system off when I know I won't need to winterize the system and turn it on when I want to winterize it. If you feel your purge switch needs replacing, it's available from the manufacturer- which I can't currently remember who that is! They were very good to deal with as I needed to replace one of the other switches that they also handle.

don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- poor products with poor support
Old 06-15-2009

This Spring while hooked up to a water supply I was purging my lines of winter RV antifreeze via hose from the house. While doing this I got a leak from the solenoid also, I caught it right away and never got any water in the air system and placed a ball valve into the 3/8 copper air line, so as you can see its quite a common failure. With the ball valve in place no more chance of water in the air system.
Carvel AB Canada
Old 06-15-2009
Administrator

This is as issue that some find too late, There was a posting on one of the forums a while ago. This Bird had water coming out of the holding tank dump valves, the step, even the horn would gargle. Lots of suggestions were offered, can not remember if all turned out OK.
Hopefully is was resolved before a Winter freeze.