Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Caterpillar 3208 Solutions

Caterpillar 3208 Solutions This sub-forum is hosted by Mike Hohnstein who has been at this kind of thing for 50+ years now, guess I'm addicted. The saga has been all about progressively larger shop space since then. Honestly, never wanted to get into the CAT 3208's that were originally considered to be a throwaway engine but that's all that works in a FC in my world. Same thing with my Ford toter, that came with a NA, too much effort to hang in a 6, so been at it with the CAT V-8 for 20 years now. In reality you can get excellent life out of a CAT 3208 if it's built correctly. Post your questions about the CAT 3208 engines here and Mike will try to help you out.

Site Search:

Old 04-18-2019

Default exhaust manifold fitting

The driver's side collar on the lower flange holding the exhaust pipe in place broke off, leaving the exhaust pipe hanging. I have removed the elbow exhaust pipe. (See pic)

Prior to this, the exhaust pipe had a little bit of play as I could move it up and down within the flange about a 1/4 inch or so.

Is this normal? Or should the pipe be secure against the manifold with no play?

I purchased a set of donut O-rings suggested by Mr. Flinn a few years ago. But they didn't fit securely with the current pipe design. (See pic of pipe and O-ring). There was no other gasket in place when I removed the flange.

What is the best solution to fixing this issue?

Thank you!

Drivers side exhaust pipe.pdf

drivers side manifold fitting.pdf
Phoenix, AZ