Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions

Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions and related components.

Site Search:

Old 4 Weeks Ago

These guys claim to have up to 20 plus. Got a price the guy said $1800 each. Yeah right. Told him get it down to $300 and sure I’ll take all 20. Could be some BS they have a few web sites, if anyone else wants to take a stab. I used the original BB #.

https://www.fulfillmentbyasap.com/ns...95768/1117340/

I have a few calls out to machine shops but I haven’t found one to do the job.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

I found someone to machine the drums. What drum did people go with to have machined ?

I have 66893B and 66892B slightly different than the original 66883B.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Kiki, I don’t know if $300 is a good price or not. Are you aware that Ryan has given the machining programs to WOG? What is the price quoted for machining a pallet full and will they ship them to those that want one or two? At $300 each it is a gamble without a commitment for the full pallet. You certainly don’t want wind up holding on to a bunch for years. Let’s see if Randy is able to get a price from his guy. You’ve done a great job in getting this organized. Thanks, Kiki. BTW, 110 lbs. is not something you want to throw in your trunk, IMO. My drum part no. is 66892F. I don’t know the diff in the no’s. you list.

Last edited by Darryl; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:38 AM. Reason: Added part no.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Administrator

This is another unverified part number, In my notes from another owner, plain un-notched,
notice the cross-reference numbers.
https://www.protruckingproducts.com/product/3166A.html

There are several other MFG's; Meritor, Webb, Gunite, Kic, ConMet

Cross reference chart.

https://www.conmet.com/wp-content/up...art_062513.pdf

Last edited by Bill Pape; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:46 AM.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Interesting that 66892 is not on it. That’s the part no for two I bought from Bridgeway Cummins last year.

D from D
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
Kiki, I don’t know if $300 is a good price or not. Are you aware that Ryan has given the machining programs to WOG? What is the price quoted for machining a pallet full and will they ship them to those that want one or two? At $300 each it is a gamble without a commitment for the full pallet. You certainly don’t want wind up holding on to a bunch for years. Let’s see if Randy is able to get a price from his guy. You’ve done a great job in getting this organized. Thanks, Kiki. BTW, 110 lbs. is not something you want to throw in your trunk, IMO. My drum part no. is 66892F. I don’t know the diff in the no’s. you list.
The price I have per drum is $150 which may go down to $100. I gave the guy the files that Ryan has posted. This guy said they won’t work on his machine. I’d like to take a old drum along for him to look at before running the new ones but I have someone doing the work and I doubt he’s going to want to wait with the coach up in the air.
I’m in a holding pattern right now I may just get the front done and hold off on the rear till we can maybe get a group buy together.

The 66892F is a unbalanced drum.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Forum owner

Has anybody asked Ryan about doing the work?
I have not checked on drums,simply because buying drums in ocala fl is dumb if we have to ship a pallet to Ws or somewhere.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Contact Durabrake.com with the Bb part number and the disconinued Webb number. They may be able to help

1988 PT38 La Reina Gitana II
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Tried DuraBrake they are closed for today, I’ll try tomorrow.

I talked to Ryan about doing a set for me, he said that it’s better to source a local guy due to the shipping costs. But I did not ask him about running 20.
So I guess it comes down to the economics of scale, and what kind of deal we can get on the pallet and if Ryan would want to take these on.
It may bring the cost down so shippings a wash. I’d be happier paying Ryan and keeping the money in the community, and he for sure knows what he doing and won’t screw it up.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

I spoke to DuraBrake, they do small runs. They can make the drum 66883B minimum order is 8 pieces at $440 a drum if they run 20 the cost comes down to $296 a drum. Shipping for the pallet would be $432 to Albuquerque or Chicago those were the two places I checked shipping on. Shipping is from CA. Time frame is 12-14 weeks. They also said the last time they sold one was 1997.

Anyone interested ?