Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues)

PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your PT or WB model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it....list your PT Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 09-21-2011

Default Towing help?

What needs to be done to get towed without breaking anything. I lost a transmission line this morning and need to be towed but im sure the local service has never towed a bird like ours before

Thanks
Old 09-21-2011

best thing is a Landoll-
www.ernieekbergflooring.net
Old 09-21-2011

Best way is on a Landoll Trailer. Next level would be with a Class 8 Wrecker equipped with an Under Reach with Bus Forks which cradle the tires. Next an Under Reach with Axel forks. If they don't use a trailer they will need to pull the Drive Shaft or Axel.

The big thing is get someone with the experience and equipment to do the job. If they try with a truck too small someone could be hurt and your BB damaged.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 09-21-2011

Default Towing help?

If towing from the front, make sure the towing company understands they are towing a heavy bus. I'm not sure where your towing hooks on the front of your bus are located. Mine are above the front slide out genny compartment and the genny door must be removed to avoid damage.

MAKE DANG SURE THE DRIVE SHAFT IS DISCONNECTED FROM THE TRANNY. IRREPARABLE DAMAGE WILL TAKE PLACE IN YOUR TRANSMISSION. DON'T LET THE OPERATOR TELL YOU OTHERWISE.

There may be others chime in, please review the posts on towing in this forum. In the search function type in towing and you'll get a pile of information.
Old 09-21-2011
prone to wandering

where are you at Kirk?
jimdoel@me.com
Old 09-21-2011

This thread should help:

http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...ad.php?t=10742
VB 1570
Old 09-21-2011
95 WB 42

Kirk
X2 on the landoll it's the prefered method. If you use the under reach wheel lift you will still suffer damage to your generator slide,I'm a victim of that. How to avoid this is to ensure that coach suspension is aired up during transport and when setting down place 6" blocks under wheels, this should allow clearance for stinger retraction. X2 on the drive shaft also.
If it's just a tranny line could you get mobile mech?

1995 WB 42 Series 60
Perry Georgia
770-548-1441 cell
Old 09-21-2011

Personally, I don't think I would ever allow a company to "tow" my coach. Flat bed, yes. "Tow", no. Too much risk of a screw up.

I also am wondering about Ed's suggestion. If it's just a tranny line, can you get a mobile truck service tech to come out and fix it on the road? That would be my first choice.
Linden, Michigan
Old 09-21-2011

If you happen to be in the southwest, our group had Ortega's Wrecker come get a bird that blew a tranny. They came with a landall and did a great job. Their number is (575)472-3204. Their office is in Santa Rosa, NM, but they travel all over.

don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- poor products with poor support
Old 09-21-2011

Well now it's happened to me. Thanks for all of the input unfortunately I had no choice but to attend a business meeting or suffer big consequences. I left the bird in the hand of the wrecker company after discussing the tow. He came on site with a wrecker that was too small and had to sub a bigger unit from Muskegon (town about 20 miles away). The wrecker company was also a repair station and did the hose repair. I could be on-site with him. I was told all was complete and paid my bill and picked up our bird only to find out the generator compartment has been completely bent and the hyd ram destroyed. I was also told they did not remove the drive shag for the tow. The total tow distance was about 1.5 miles. Our coach has been returned to the shop. I'm sure there will be much more to this story.