Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 02-26-2012
Gardner

Default Race day

I've been watching some of the Daytona 500 wind up on the TV this week. I haven't watched much TV for a long time and haven't watched NASCAR raceing at all, but it's cold and I'm bored. Maybe I'm missing something, but it used to be individual cars and drivers competing with eachother. Now it seems to be a big traffic jamb and the only oportunity to advance is via the process of elemination (wrecks). It's just like driving in New Jersey during rush hour
78 FC 33 Happinest (Sold)
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Old 02-26-2012

Lot safer than driving in NJ at any time and the track is free of the monster pot holes. In NASCAR they are all turning left or that the plan. No one is talking or texting. I don't watch NASCAR but I have driven in NJ.
1983 PT 35 (sold)
2011 Honda CRV Toad
Ed, Nina and Abbi
Old 02-26-2012

Isn't that the race where they drive in circles for hours? LOL
It's also the only place on earth where a circle has 4 corners
Cummins ISX-650HP
Old 02-26-2012

Obviously you guys don't get it. It is like any sport, you have to follow it and know what it is about. The same could be said of golf, grown men chasing around a small white ball? Yet some of us love it. Call me a red-neck but I have been following NASCAR for almost 30 years and once you know more about it you do get hooked. I have watched all of the speed week races and they have been awesome. The gang is getting together to watch the 500 and much looking forward to it.
Rodney, Ontario
Old 02-26-2012
Gardner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83 bird View Post
Lot safer than driving in NJ at any time and the track is free of the monster pot holes. In NASCAR they are all turning left or that the plan. No one is talking or texting. I don't watch NASCAR but I have driven in NJ.

Actually they are talking. In fact new rules were implemented to limit the number of people on the same frequency as the driver because it was getting rediculous.
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Old 02-26-2012
Gardner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoung View Post
Obviously you guys don't get it. It is like any sport, you have to follow it and know what it is about. The same could be said of golf, grown men chasing around a small white ball? Yet some of us love it. Call me a red-neck but I have been following NASCAR for almost 30 years and once you know more about it you do get hooked. I have watched all of the speed week races and they have been awesome. The gang is getting together to watch the 500 and much looking forward to it.
I should have mentioned that I do understand the amazing skill and effort that goes into driving at 190+ inches from the next vehicle and building a car and team that make it happen. I don't mean to minimise the excitement, and if I was trackside I would be very excited indeed.
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Old 02-26-2012

Watch some good racing, World Superbike kicks off today at 2:30 on Speed, they go left and right... Oh, they also race in the rain
Cape Cod,ma
Old 02-26-2012

[QUOTE=ryoung;149476]Obviously you guys don't get it. It is like any sport, you have to follow it and know what it is about. The same could be said of golf, grown men chasing around a small white ball? Yet some of us love it. Call me a red-neck but I have been following NASCAR for almost 30 years and once you know more about it you do get hooked. I have watched all of the speed week races and they have been awesome. The gang is getting together to watch the 500 and much looking forward to it.[/QUO
I am a red neck but I don,t follow NASCAR or play golf.We life about 50 les as the crow flies from Talladega. I always said when I got out of the military I wouldn't stand in line for anything That wasen,t absolutely necessary. I have been caught in the race traffic more than a few times and that was.too close.
If you want to come watch the race here, you are more than welcome to park the coach in our driveway (water and electrical hook ups). I,ll stay behind and pick up the been cans.
PS i can send my brother in law with you. He loves it.
1983 PT 35 (sold)
2011 Honda CRV Toad
Ed, Nina and Abbi
Old 02-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crit Bliss View Post
Watch some good racing, World Superbike kicks off today at 2:30 on Speed, they go left and right... Oh, they also race in the rain

Thats some good racing.
Cummins ISX-650HP
Old 02-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crit Bliss View Post
We like to go to the Laguna Seca Raceway in Monterey to watch the United States Grand Prix MotoGP World Championship. We park the coach overlooking the Cork Screw section of the track with excellent views from the front seats of the coach...makes for a fun weekend!