Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > 'Bird Projects & Modifications

'Bird Projects & Modifications Share with us that latest project or modification that you have done to your 'Bird right here.

Site Search:

Old 03-24-2017
Campground Owner

Pictures!
www.xcreekrv.com
35°31'08.6"N 83°03'38.8"W
Old 03-24-2017

Dang I'm impressed. As somewhat of a technophile myself, I'm working on tuning my AM radio for max reception. So far I have 3 stations loud and clear.
Old 03-24-2017

Cal - I'm not a black belt in RPi yet, but I've done plenty of embedded stuff, quite a bit of C programming (and some assembly), and lots of Linux over the years so I'm not worried about that part. The I/O board will be completely isolated for sure. Nowadays the hard part is finding through-hole parts! Some parts will have to be surface mount.

The LCD I bought is here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HEEPW20

It's $120, is capacitive touch, and IPS. It's a very nice LCD. It comes with an interface to accept HDMI video. It also comes with a touch screen interface that is just USB. You literally just plug and play, Raspbian works with it right out of the box.

The really cool electronics are so fast and capable and "cheap" now, it's hard not to go overboard with cameras and sensors and radios and storage and everything else.

The old batt boilers are gone and it has a good multistage charger, but that's not going to get used to charge up the Volt batteries. I'm still working on that, I will probably need to build something or modify something as the lithium requirements are much different. The liths will take as much current to charge as they will put out. So in theory these will take everything my genny can put out, but we'll see.

The PT35 is 35 feet long, pusher, with a tag. Short and stout.
Old 03-24-2017
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick Miller View Post
Dang I'm impressed. As somewhat of a technophile myself, I'm working on tuning my AM radio for max reception. So far I have 3 stations loud and clear.
I;m impressed you can turn the radio on!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 03-24-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyclegg View Post
Pictures!
More tomorrow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick Miller View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
I;m impressed you can turn the radio on!
I'm impressed there are 3 AM stations!
Old 03-24-2017
TECHNOMAGE

Default PT35 and its Tranny

Andy:
I finally remembered that PT stood for Pusher Tag. Yep its a little stubby, but it probably needs the tag cus its heavy. If I am right it has a Detroit 6V92
which is not quite the fuel guzzler as the 8V92. I wondered what tranny they mated it up with? Probably two choices Allison or ZF. My SP36 which has a 3208AATAC engine has the ZF. I'm 4th owner and I think I have "un-snaggled" some idiosyncrasies concerning that tranny's TCU (Transmission Control Unit) with lots of help from WOG that previous owners lived with. If you have the ZF, there is a record of mis-adventures on some threads to chuckle about.
Old 03-24-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by badandy View Post
This is a 10" touch screen connected to a Raspberry Pi. I'm going to make a new panel using this setup to replace the original one in the kitchen, but keep the same look and feel of the original.

It will do much more than what the stock panel does. This will be the central hub of all bus systems. It will have a simple interface to adjust thermostats, monitor temps, humidity, tanks, batteries, gen, etc. It will also be connected to a cellular modem and wifi (when available) so it can communicate to our cell phones. We will be able to monitor what's going on, get alerts, and control a lot of things remotely. Our dogs are going to be spending some time in the bus when we can't take them with us, so this is important to us. I will probably put a video camera or two in there somewhere.

I'm working on the I/O board design this weekend. Once that's done I will start working on the user interface software and get the mobile stuff working. I should have something going in a few weeks, but it might take a few weeks to get a PCB made.
Hi Andy,

That sounds great ;} Another thing is to combine it with the clock in the bedroom, that would make a good 2nd display for the info.

Ned and I talked about automating the Primus stuff on our buses a few years ago using arduinos but nothing came of that...

If you need any help (dosnt sound like it! feel free to contact me, or if you just want to share Im sure everyone would appreciate it!

Thanks, Joe

'93 WB40 'Alligator'
Sedona, AZ
Fun-Fun-Fun Till they take the BlueBird Away!
Old 03-25-2017
Gardner

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomage99 View Post
Andy:
I finally remembered that PT stood for Pusher Tag. Yep its a little stubby, but it probably needs the tag cus its heavy. If I am right it has a Detroit 6V92
which is not quite the fuel guzzler as the 8V92. I wondered what tranny they mated it up with? Probably two choices Allison or ZF. My SP36 which has a 3208AATAC engine has the ZF. I'm 4th owner and I think I have "un-snaggled" some idiosyncrasies concerning that tranny's TCU (Transmission Control Unit) with lots of help from WOG that previous owners lived with. If you have the ZF, there is a record of mis-adventures on some threads to chuckle about.
It should be an Allison MT654 CR, 5 speed close ratio , no electronics. The 6v92 is also a non-electronic engine in '83. My 86 PT36 is full mechanical as well.
78 FC 33 Happinest (Sold)
Ridgewood, New Jersey

Last edited by gcyeaw; 03-25-2017 at 09:36 AM.
Old 03-25-2017
Gardner

I have some documentation on the Digitel system if you want it.
Mine works, but in my previous coach it was dead so I made one up using an Ocelot system. I had it so it was fine for me, and I understood the ladder logic it used.
Files are 1 meg, I could E-mail them.
78 FC 33 Happinest (Sold)
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Old 03-25-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcyeaw View Post
I have some documentation on the Digitel system if you want it.
Mine works, but in my previous coach it was dead so I made one up using an Ocelot system. I had it so it was fine for me, and I understood the ladder logic it used.
Files are 1 meg, I could E-mail them.
I would love to take a look at them for sure.