Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > General

General Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach that are not covered in other Mechanic's Corner categories (ex. refrigerators, water heaters, and compressors).

Site Search:

Old 04-19-2009

I re-read where you have water flow inside coach at taps? If so the chrome regulator and the water filter must be fine. If water is out the taps, but tank won't fill there must be a blockage at the yellow valve. I would remove the yellow valve and check it out, and the hose into the ank and check that out. There is also a vent for the tank on the opposite of the coach, at rear of tanks sticking upward, with a screen on it. It lets the air out as the tank fills.
Old 04-19-2009

Default Water Tank Fill Issues's

Thanks Dan
I am hoping to get out and try taking out the valve tomorrow if the rain quits here in Michigan. From the vaalve I'll start backtracking hoses. This one has really got me stumped. Wouldn't you think the filter would be OK because I am getting city water in to the coach? One way or the other this isn't going to be just flipping a switch.
Thanks again to all for giving me ideas to try. When I get this figured out I will let everyone know what happened for their memory banks if theirs fails,
"STL CRZY"
Email: slckpurdy@aol.com
Old 04-20-2009

Default Water tank Issue

Well here's the rest of the story as Paul Harvey use to say:
BMC's water tank valves are manual only. It is controled by a yellow valve on the compartment floor in the city water and sewage compartment. Dan was right, the yellow handle had slipped and the screw that holds the yellow handle on the shut off valve had come loose subsequently the valve was not turning off or on. In this case it was always closed. Took the valve apart first found the issue and low and behold we now have a water tank that is filling.
Thanks to everyone for all their help. Something so simple can make something so easy so difficult.
One more lesson learned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"STL CRZY"
Email: slckpurdy@aol.com
Old 04-21-2009

However, be advised it would seem somewhere along the way changes were made in the BMC line. My '97 BMC does have a switch that says water fill in the water compartment. This switch does fill the fresh water tank assuming you have a city water hose connected to the city water input connection. So I suspect somewhere I have a sporlan valve. So somewhere between 94 and 97, the BMC went from manual valves to electric valves for the water fill function.
1999, Jeep Cherokee, Toad
1970, VW Baja Bug, Alternate Toad
Old 07-21-2011
Satellite dish installer.

Default Water tank fill?

I just searched and found this old thread..

My 88 PT40 WB doesn't go to city water after I fill the tank and turn off the fill switch....The water supply just continues to come from the tank...Do I need to turn off the pump to make it switch to city water?
I have not turned off the pump...

Next time I am out to the coach I will try turning the fill off and on repeatedly from outside at the fill connection...

There is also the knob under the bed base that says fill and close that when in the fill or closed position does the same thing as the outside switch...but it has about ten positions as it goes from Fill to Close...

What is the purpose of these positions? wouldn't you want it either open or closed?

Do you think I need to clean the sporlan valve to get the city water supply working?

Les & Debra Willey
LesdotWilleyatSkywaySupplydotca
six04.7five6.192one
Mission, BC, Canada
88 WB40
Old 07-21-2011

Les, The switch under the bed with the 10 positions is to drain the fresh tank after a trip . IT should be closed when the outside switch is in the fill position. The air purge valve under the bed is for blowing out the system when the tank has drained. When you open the 10 position switch you should see water draining off under the coach in front of the driver side drive tires( OR somewhere close to that )
Austintown,Ohio
Old 07-21-2011

Thanks Icefixr66...

That makes sense...when I tried it and heard the draining sounds I thought it was the same thing I heard when the tank was being filled...duh...

If I could just get it to switch to city water pressure it will be another thing off my list of things that don't work or need to be better understood...

Les & Debra Willey
six04.7five6.192one
Mission, BC, Canada
88 WB40
Old 07-22-2011
ANOTHER REDNECK

better to run off coach pumps!

then fill and be happy-------the coach don't like big surges or different pressures

least my 3 didn't!! i don't like to work on that system
Just a Hobby Shop now-Bird Repairs upon Appt and my Schedule -USAR Retired
Pleasanton Tx 78064
Do not use PM... please use
rwoody@fullnet.net
http://www.ebay.com/usr/woody19571

Old 07-22-2011

Woody, what happened? did the city water pressure cause leaks? I'm pretty sure this RV site is on well water, but I don't know what creates the pressure in the system...

Les & Debra Willey
six04.7five6.192one
Mission, BC, Canada
88 WB40
Old 07-22-2011
John Wyatt – Administrator/Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyway View Post
Thanks Icefixr66...

That makes sense...when I tried it and heard the draining sounds I thought it was the same thing I heard when the tank was being filled...duh...

If I could just get it to switch to city water pressure it will be another thing off my list of things that don't work or need to be better understood...
Hi Les,

If you want city water to be your only source of water pressure you need to turn off the water pump.

If the water pump is left on while hooked to city water, the pump will kick on to boost the pressure whenever the pressure in the lines drops below the pressure set point of the pump.

If you're supplying the coach with city water and you have no water pressure with the pump turned off then that's an issue - otherwise it sounds normal to me.
Body Number F095567
My Location: http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=4

1991 40' WB ...From 2008 - Present
1984 ½ PT-36 .From 2000 - 2008
1973 FC-31 .....From 1991 - 2001