Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > General

General Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach that are not covered in other Mechanic's Corner categories (ex. refrigerators, water heaters, and compressors).

Site Search:

Old 03-23-2010
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Harvie;
The monitor is about the size of a deck of cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Harvie View Post
Well, I have to say, after my first trip with my rear moniter, it was well worth the money, expecially as I have the origional black and white rear moniter, which was great for keeping an eye on the bike and car, but only during the day. I'm not sure if I could leave it on at night anyway, for me it's destracting, due to the glare. The color camera I stuck under the licence plate ran the wire through the trunk, outside the right rear piller back inside the right rear door, then stuck the transmitter under the passengers head rest, and pluged it into the lighter. Great view 64 ft behind, (but small) as the moniter is mounted to the windshield right inbetween the origional radar detector bracket. The only time I lost the signal would be at night when taking a turn. I could back up to a curb and get within 2 inches from the end of the trailer.
I just wanted to remind folks that if they are interested in purchasing one of these that they are available from other sources in the same brand but with the larger 7 inch monitor that is much easier to view. I'm sure that Peak is wanting to sell as many of the smaller monitor versions as they can to get rid of them and for use in a car or pickup that may be fine, but in my opinion the larger monitor is better suited at least for me in a 'Bird.

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 06-11-2011
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamflagman View Post
While this won't move my trailer and is not as hi-tech, it really has helped me when I'm hooking the trailer up to the 'Bird and I like things simple and CHEAP, so I spent less than $100.00 for this wireless camera and monitor. I got the idea from Mike Hohnstein and Cliff Vaughn, it works great;

I tried mounting another identical camera on the back of my trailer but due to the amount of metal between the camera and monitor, it hasn't worked properly, it may need some additional tweaking to get it to work, but I will need another person to assist me.

I found mine at Sam's Club.

Here is a followup on the addition of another wireless rear view camera on the back of my trailer, I used the same system but with the extension cable and some other modifications, it works great;

This is indeed an inexpensive way to add a rear view camera.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TRAILER REARVIEW CAMERA..jpg
Views:	201
Size:	501.4 KB
ID:	10683   Click image for larger version

Name:	TRAILER REAR VIEW CAMERA WIRELESS TRANSMITTER - MONITOR.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	600.0 KB
ID:	10684  

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11