Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > How To Protect Your RV Investment.

How To Protect Your RV Investment. This forum is set up to discuss insurance needs, terminology & where to go to get the best possible coverage for your needs. From time to time we will discuss the issues and differences in insurance coverage. When would an appraisal be in your best interest & how often should you have an appraisal and where one could obtain a certified appraisal.

Site Search:

Old 07-07-2018
Forum owner

National Interstate canceled my policy last month.
We now have Foremost Insurance.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 07-07-2018

I had National Interstate through FMCA they would not renew my policy this year. I received a renewel through FMCA from Safeco for about the same rate but no agreed value. I called Progressive they did get me an agreed value quote, over 500 more than National interstate.
I called my auto and home agent they insured my Wanderlodge for much less than the others with an agreed value up to 75K
I told them the rate sounds to low compared to the other quotes. I asked why?
She said because you have your home and auto with us.
Old 07-07-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigal87 View Post
I had National Interstate through FMCA they would not renew my policy this year. I received a renewel through FMCA from Safeco for about the same rate but no agreed value. I called Progressive they did get me an agreed value quote, over 500 more than National interstate.
I called my auto and home agent they insured my Wanderlodge for much less than the others with an agreed value up to 75K
I told them the rate sounds to low compared to the other quotes. I asked why?
She said because you have your home and auto with us.
Uuuhhhh and what company is this home and auto policy with?;
Old 07-09-2018

Default Progressive

Well I had a good talk with Flo.....although she kept saying her name was Tereasa.....They thought I had a converted Bluedbird School Bus......
Renewel reinstated .....Life is good.....And insured!

Anybody headed to EAA Airventure in Oshkosh this year?

We will be there in Camp Scholler.....acres of parking.....fill up the diesel tank and fresh water and dump the waste before you come! 24 hour generator time.
Old 07-09-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigal87 View Post
I called Progressive they did get me an agreed value quote, over 500 more than National interstate.
Alex, you might want to search for a thread a while back that I posted the transcript of a chat I had with Progressive about "agreed value". I only mention this so you get what you believe you got...because Progressive uses the term "agreed value" in what I, and others, perceive as less than a straight-forward manner.

Found the thread! Here is the link to the transcript with Progressive....second post on the linked page (read the first post too, particularly the part about vehicles over 10 years old)..

1994 WB40 and a slow '73 Nova SS
Palomino Valley, NV

Where we are...

Once more I have to ask "What did humans ever do to deserve dogs?"

Map of Service Centers

Last edited by NealinNevada; 07-09-2018 at 10:43 AM.
Old 07-09-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Miller View Post
Well I had a good talk with Flo.....although she kept saying her name was Tereasa.....They thought I had a converted Bluedbird School Bus......
Renewel reinstated .....Life is good.....And insured!

Anybody headed to EAA Airventure in Oshkosh this year?

We will be there in Camp Scholler.....acres of parking.....fill up the diesel tank and fresh water and dump the waste before you come! 24 hour generator time.
Your welcome.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 07-09-2018

It's interesting that I never read about you guys using Allstate - makes me wonder if I'm missing out on something. My old jalopy isn't worth as much as most of yours, but the agreed-to value is way higher than blue book and they had no trouble figuring out it's not a school bus.
Old 07-09-2018
RV Appraiser

Talking Insurance business is like talking tires, oil & batteries. You get what you pay for. I've said it a dozen times, don't use your daily run of the mill insurance companies, I don't trust Flo, sometime she'll lie. There are several Insurance Brokerage firms that specialize in the RV business, use them, they are qualified & it may cost you a few dollars more but the money you pay is worth it. There is Thum, Miller, Explorer and several others; they know your RV, brokerage firms work with several carriers and the brokerage firm's job is to find the best fit for you, which just might be Flo. Never call the 800 number, you'll get some temp who knows nothing about your Winnebago, except it's a camper. Some insurance companies are dropping RV coverage and I believe it's all the baby boomer's fault, more expendable cash equals more RV's on the road and the greater the risk for the insurance carriers. Blue Sky, National Interstate and others have dropped RV coverage all together; to many claims. There is still Foremost, Safco, Allied, Piedmont and a few others, that's why I recommend using an Insurance Brokerage Firm, they know who is in business and the brokerage firm knows RV's.
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Old 07-09-2018

John helped me last year. I'm set up with progressive through the Thum agency. I had little choice due to a speeding ticket and a minor fender bender . We've hacked this agreed value over enough already but one thing we know if you don't have a dollar figure specified in the policy you don't have it. Even if you do you better read the small print and watch out for the "lesser then" or "greater then" clauses. Which is why the broker is a good idea

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia
Old 08-04-2018

Default Progressive HAS Digressed

I had Progressive with USAA, and was cancelled two years ago. I had nothing but trouble from FLO. They have a horrid online rating (for good reason) and customer service is in the Microphor. USAA should not be associated IMHO.