Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Vehicle Issues

Vehicle Issues Frequently asked questions about vehicles, parts, maintenance, and troubleshooting

Site Search:

Old 07-10-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleR View Post
I tried to source the entry door weather seal with this BB PN 2226314 from post #2 but BB could not find it.

Does anyone have a current PN ?

Thanks, Dale

Dale, try this. I got this from Shane and then I order some.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Rubber Hinge Sheet.pdf (242.7 KB, 46 views)
AA3RA
1986 PT40
Silver 6V92 DD (Breathing Wide Open)
Old 07-10-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45forever View Post
Dale, try this. I got this from Shane and then I order some.

Rich,

Thanks for the reply but I already have that part ordered. I am looking for the entry door weather stripping. In post #2 above the PN # 2226314 was mentioned but the BB dealer I call in Manitoba could not identify that PN.

Dale

Dale
British Columbia
1987 38' PT Wanderlodge 8V92
Old 07-10-2018

We have the bay door hinge

priced at $1.00 a foot plus shipping

Email stephen@dupreeproducts.com
www.dupreeproducts.com
Telephone 888 668 4288
cell 716 220 1267
Please use email or telephone to contact
Old 07-10-2018

Steven Birtles or coachcraft.

1988 PT38 La Reina Gitana II
Old 07-30-2018

I got the hinge material from a BB dealer in Manitoba and the replacement screws. I used 3M 4200 for sealant. I found that you have to pull the hinge material threw the extrusions instead of pushing them. I used a set of needle nosed pliers to pull.

I had the hinge material in the door then tried to pull the coach extrusion on but that did not work for some reason so I removed the hinge material from the door, pulled it into the coach side, then the door side. I have no idea why it wouldn't work the other way.

I did this all by myself in the heat and used a black and decker carpenters vise that worked great. I also used it to prop the door up on ran a few screws part way and crawled in and screwed it on. Now I have to do all the rest of them.

Dale

Dale
British Columbia
Old 07-30-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleR View Post
I got the hinge material from a BB dealer in Manitoba and the replacement screws. I used 3M 4200 for sealant. I found that you have to pull the hinge material threw the extrusions instead of pushing them. I used a set of needle nosed pliers to pull.

I had the hinge material in the door then tried to pull the coach extrusion on but that did not work for some reason so I removed the hinge material from the door, pulled it into the coach side, then the door side. I have no idea why it wouldn't work the other way.

I did this all by myself in the heat and used a black and decker carpenters vise that worked great. I also used it to prop the door up on ran a few screws part way and crawled in and screwed it on. Now I have to do all the rest of them.

Dale
I’ve been putting this job off for a while. Did you lube the rubber up or just pulled it dry ?

Any luck with the entry door weather stripping?
Old 07-31-2018

Kiki,
I've replace virtually ALL my rubber hinges and have done these on other peoples coaches as well. I found that a little dish washing liquid soap made the job a lot easier.

Also, I found out the hard way that if you pull the rubber thru, it WILL shrink back again over time and you'll have a gap at either, or both ends. It may look OK for a while, but it WILL shrink. You should push the rubber thru. A little pulling to help is OK. But mainly push it in. This is where a little dish washing soap helps. Also, cut your rubber pieces about an inch or so too long. After the rubber is in, use a block of wood and a mallet and tap the ends inward. Then trim it as needed. This will help relieve any stretching that may have occurred.You'll be much better off in the long run if you do this. I had to replace some of mine because I pulled it thru rather than pushing.

Don & Jane
86 PT38 8V92
Pop Pop's Bus
Jeep cherokee in
24' car hauler
Old 07-31-2018

I use E6000 to glue seals on I have found it at Walmart between paint section and auto oil in that general area. I restore classic cars busses jeeps all seals get glued with e6000 outa 3m to shame, I fix everything with that stuff
82 FC 33 250 left me for another
Sumner Wa.
Old 07-31-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Meyer View Post
Kiki,
I've replace virtually ALL my rubber hinges and have done these on other peoples coaches as well. I found that a little dish washing liquid soap made the job a lot easier.

Also, I found out the hard way that if you pull the rubber thru, it WILL shrink back again over time and you'll have a gap at either, or both ends. It may look OK for a while, but it WILL shrink. You should push the rubber thru. A little pulling to help is OK. But mainly push it in. This is where a little dish washing soap helps. Also, cut your rubber pieces about an inch or so too long. After the rubber is in, use a block of wood and a mallet and tap the ends inward. Then trim it as needed. This will help relieve any stretching that may have occurred.You'll be much better off in the long run if you do this. I had to replace some of mine because I pulled it thru rather than pushing.
Thanks Don,

You have alot more experience than I do on this so I will follow your lead and give your methods a shot on my next one. Tried a bit of silicone lube but found it went in better dry. I will try the dish soap and see how it goes. I see Gene uses e6000 (which I have never heard of in Canada) what have you been using for sealant ?

Gene Is the E6000 an adhesive or a sealant ??

Thanks for the input fellas.

Dale

Dale
British Columbia
Old 07-31-2018

Kiki, GoJo works well for a lubricant. There are 2 small screws in the end of each rubber hinge. Easy job after you do the first one. A helper always helps.
SOLD 89 FC in 2012; SOLD 88 WB in 2016
Rolla, MO 65401