Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > SP (Single Axle Pusher Unique Issues)

SP (Single Axle Pusher Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your SP model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it....List your SP parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 07-29-2017
AKA Tent Boy

Dan,
If you have on your 3208 a fuel filter that looks like the one in this picture, then you have a manual hand pump... You have to turn it the round knob to the right to loosen it and then pull it out and this will be the pump!!! The picture of this motor, is not the right orientation, but disregard this aspect, just look where the arrow is pointing to...

HTH
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3208TA pump.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	50261  

Larry Dill & Barbara Ribar
Yuma, AZ. 85367
'95 37' BMC 'Pura Vida'
'84 35' FCSB SOLD
2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
sailor7cs@gmail.com
http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=26

"Barbara does all the driving, I just hold the wheel"
Old 07-29-2017

Larry My filter is down in line with the oil filters. I've had it off many times & didn't see a hand pump with it but I'll look closer as I can look right past things & not see them. Thank Don
Old 07-30-2017
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspithaler View Post
Bill I have a blank on the overhead blk that is labeled aux pump but there is no switch I have some other blanks that are labeled with no switch & I've been all over that engine compartment and no hand pump. I'll take the over head door off & see if there are any wires in that blank. I can't think that there would be any. I have a wire coming out of the bottom that someone called a Hobbs . It goes to the oil cooler then to the frame & I lose it in some foam. I'll do some more searching in that area Thanks Don
Not in the engine compartment, lay on the ground and look-up next to the engine oil pan
Old 07-30-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspithaler View Post
Bill I have a blank on the overhead blk that is labeled aux pump but there is no switch I have some other blanks that are labeled with no switch & I've been all over that engine compartment and no hand pump. I'll take the over head door off & see if there are any wires in that blank. I can't think that there would be any. I have a wire coming out of the bottom that someone called a Hobbs . It goes to the oil cooler then to the frame & I lose it in some foam. I'll do some more searching in that area Thanks Don
The switch for a factory installed primer pump is at the rear of the coach, behind the engine hatch and next to the rear start key.

Did you ever trace the fuel line from the fuel filter? Take a look at the line that comes from the frame rail. Is should be easy enough to see it coming to the frame rail and heading toward the front of the coach.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 08-01-2017

This has always been a mystery to me as well, everyone says there is a pump, but I've never found it either, and I don't have any switch on the back or up on the dash. I've had others turn on the key while laying under the oil filters, and can't hear a thing except the thunk of the fuel solenoid. I traced the fuel lines from the engine filter all the way up to the racor, and no pump. There is no hand pump, either.

Our SP was either the 9th, 10th, 11th or 12th SP sold as an '89, the VIN says date of manufacture 2/13/89, so definitely one of the first built.

Chris Blegen
La Crosse, WI
1989 SP36 Silver Edition
Old 08-01-2017

I would look upstream from Racor.
dhammock@weldmold.com
Old 08-01-2017

I don't think the racor vacuum gage would work, having positive pressure in front of it. I have not been able to see on the inside of the frame rail to the tank, so not positive.

Chris Blegen
La Crosse, WI
1989 SP36 Silver Edition

Last edited by Norskelodger; 08-01-2017 at 01:56 PM.
Old 08-01-2017

On a pump, input is vacuum while output is pressure. The fuel injection pump is pulling fuel into engine with vacuum, the Racor is upstream from FIP and downstream from tank and Facet pump. The inlet of Racor is sucking fuel into filter, being pushed by Facet. The output of Racor is pressure. The Facet, too, has an inlet sucking fuel (vacuum) from the tank with a pressure outlet, like maybe 4-5 psi. Exactly how the Racor reads vacuum, I don't know, but I do know that fuel came out of the vacuum gauge connection that wasn't tight after I rebuilt my FIP.

On my FC, the Facet is up in the middle of the frame rails and a dirty, cramped mess to get to right in front of tank. In is connected directly to the tank. See photo, and that's after I cleaned up! My pump only runs when there is oil pressure so I hot wired it to make sure it was working. You probably don't have one and you might as well stop looking. LOL IMHO

D from D
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CB884819-8F57-4152-B740-51FA032FC4E5.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	156.8 KB
ID:	50300  
dhammock@weldmold.com
Old 08-01-2017

I've located electric pump in the engine room of FC and they work fine. Key on is the better way, paranoia runs deep in some of you people.
Germantown, WI/Myrtle ID
www.AutoTransDesign.com

http://s767.photobucket.com/user/mhohnstein/library/
Old 08-01-2017

If I need to service my Facet again I just may move it. Key on is a great idea too. In regards to the paranoid comment, the competing voices in my head may come up with a retort, but they'll have to get back to you, maybe with a PM or a YouTube link.

D
dhammock@weldmold.com