Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues)

PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your PT or WB model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it....list your PT Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 01-12-2018

Yes I've been watching those for some time. The price has come down but really nobody wants those. They were cheaply made not like the ones I want. The old ones I am used to had fully machined bodies. Back in the 1950s I had a quarter midget with a one lung Clinton engine, when I got it it had a Champion plug in it and it ran pretty good. When it was changed to a Jet Ignition the thing was transformed!
As near as I can tell the company went out of business in 1965. A sorry occurrence as I was sold on them but that was before I had a Driver's License.
Old 01-14-2018

Default How to get an Engine Stop Cable front to back

My project today was sorting out how to use the Bendix Cruise Control wiring with the Cruise King.
I got stymied. I could find 4 wires but not 5.
So as is my pattern I decided to give it a rest. The new Engine Stop cable was another one that had stymied me, so I took this time to look at it again.
Because it is 45 feet long I wanted it as straight as possible with no sharp bends. This meant I would not follow the original path for the cable. After considerable efforts I decided to drill a 5/8ths inch hole in the floor within the space occupied by the steering column in a straight line from where the cable mounts under the steering wheel. A gentle bend towards the rear of the coach to the outside of the frame. In stead of crossing thru the frame, I went straight down the frame to the rear. I devised a way to get the cable past the basement and tanks that was incredibly easy. A ten foot piece of 3/4 inch white PVC pipe was slide forward from the rear, when it emerged in the front wheel well, I pushed the cable thru it. This being a PT40 meant I had to advance the pipe to the drive axle in stages. There I removed it and pulled the cable up. Next I took the PVC pipe to the rear and pushed forward then got behind the tag axle and threaded the cable into it.
It was surprisingly easy. The PVC does bend a little when needed.
Now I had a solution to my Cruise Control wiring problem.
In stead of fighting with the Bendix wiring, I am going to run the Cruise King wiring along the same path as the Engine Stop cable using the PVC Pipe method. Even with church tomorrow I should have the wire run by lunch time!
Old 01-15-2018

Default Pulse-Jet Ignition

In that case, there's a UK company that makes conversion kits.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pulse-Jet...item21344b7400
Old 01-15-2018

I think you're on to something!
I dashed off an email to this guy.
Thanks!