Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > 'Bird Projects & Modifications

'Bird Projects & Modifications Share with us that latest project or modification that you have done to your 'Bird right here.

Site Search:

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Good to hear the shoulder is on the mend, bur DON'T PUSH IT! I had rotator cuff surgery, similar to yours but not as severe, from what you say, and the doctor kept telling me, you're not as young as you used to be, take your time, if you put too much strain on the shoulder it could tear again, then it would be that much more time to get you back to full working order. Anyway, it was a year ago February, & I'm still not 100%. Although I have full AROM now, I still can't lift things over my head if they're more than 10 pounds or so, and any screwdriver or wrench work has to be limited to a few minutes at a time. So I do as I'm told & don't over do it. The pain from the operation wasn't that bad, but NO WAY am I going to subject myself to another 6 months of Physical Torture, sorry, Therapy!
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Forum owner

I will not push it,baby steps...

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Tendonous tissues such as rotator cuff , biceps, Achilles , quadriceps do not Have the rich blood supply that normal physiologic muscle healing involves, therefore the scarring / healing of tightly wound fibers is much longer and more susceptible to disruption of repair if activity restrictions are ignored. Just simply takes this type of connective tissue longer to heal. I think it to be one of the more difficult surgeries to recover from. Much greater potential for undoing the surgeons work than in a procedure such as a total hip or total knee or recovering from a fracture .FWIW.
Craig.haedrich@hotmail.com
717 743-8764