Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > SP (Single Axle Pusher Unique Issues)

SP (Single Axle Pusher Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your SP model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it....List your SP parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 12-18-2017

Default The SP Lean

I am sure it's on here, can not find it, many searches, perhaps not looking in the right place.

My coach has unfortunately just developed a lean to the right. I believe there is a side to side height control valve somewhere, but I can neither find information on this, or understand enough before researching it to fix the issue.

Thanks in advance!!!
Old 12-18-2017

I noticed this problem after I picked up my 91 SP36.
Rick helped me identify the height adjuments, one behind each rear wheel and I think one in the front. Everyone said it's easy to adjust but that I probably shouldn't try it myself the first time. Especially since I had no pit to use or jack stands in the bus.
Was not a major problem for me as I was able to drive it another thousand miles before i got it parked.
I'm sure this forum will light up with good information for you.
Amateur Radio KL7MM
Old 12-18-2017

There are control valves but you probably are best getting to a shop that has a pit to address this. Getting under there to attempt to fix this? I would not . That or a mobile mechanic

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia
Old 12-18-2017

Keith you sure are a smart guy. :-)

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia
Old 12-18-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyDigital View Post
I am sure it's on here, can not find it, many searches, perhaps not looking in the right place.

My coach has unfortunately just developed a lean to the right. I believe there is a side to side height control valve somewhere, but I can neither find information on this, or understand enough before researching it to fix the issue.

Thanks in advance!!!
It's on here. Try searching for "coach leaning".
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 12-18-2017

I knew enough to listen to Rick!
Amateur Radio KL7MM
Old 12-18-2017
Forum owner

HCV
Height control valve
Level valve

But,i would not start turning screws just yet.
Just air the coach up fully and drop the suspension,then air it up again.

Ohh,question,did it start leaning while its just sitting in the shop?
Or have you been driving it?

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 12-18-2017
RV Appraiser

On the rear you have 2 height control valves and whichever the way you are leaning is an indication that side height control valve is shot. I just replaced the 2 on the rear of our coach. This is what you will need Height Control Valve 90054007P. I recommend you replace both on the rear axle, if one is bad the other is soon to follow. If you are a small guy you can get under there with all the air on your coach exhausted, if not take it to a shop. Another possibility is the connector rod to the HCV has popped off. They usually have a swivel ball connector threaded on the end of continuous rod and the swivel ball will seize up and break. They do need to be lubricated once in awhile because they pick up a lot of road salts & crud. Be careful & good luck; also read up on the info about working under your bird, unless you are small never crawl under there without proper jack stands and blocking material & don't use those levelers, they fail.

Also the leveling arm on the new HCV may need to be turned over, because it needs to have clearance around other fixtures under the bird. Read the directions provided with the HCV.
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Old 12-19-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
HCV
Height control valve
Level valve

But,i would not start turning screws just yet.
Just air the coach up fully and drop the suspension,then air it up again.

Ohh,question,did it start leaning while its just sitting in the shop?
Or have you been driving it?
That was my first thought, so I lowered the coach completely, and then aired it back up, still leaning. I did sit for a while and develop the lean.
Old 12-19-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by birds_first View Post
On the rear you have 2 height control valves and whichever the way you are leaning is an indication that side height control valve is shot. I just replaced the 2 on the rear of our coach. This is what you will need Height Control Valve 90054007P. I recommend you replace both on the rear axle, if one is bad the other is soon to follow. If you are a small guy you can get under there with all the air on your coach exhausted, if not take it to a shop. Another possibility is the connector rod to the HCV has popped off. They usually have a swivel ball connector threaded on the end of continuous rod and the swivel ball will seize up and break. They do need to be lubricated once in awhile because they pick up a lot of road salts & crud. Be careful & good luck; also read up on the info about working under your bird, unless you are small never crawl under there without proper jack stands and blocking material & don't use those levelers, they fail.

Also the leveling arm on the new HCV may need to be turned over, because it needs to have clearance around other fixtures under the bird. Read the directions provided with the HCV.
I would never get under a coach without properly blocking the frame, especially if I am messing with height control valves.

OK, so looks like I will run the coach, air up the system, take it for a short drive and see if it self corrects (Thanks Randy), if that does not work, this is a great start here, thanks birds_first, and thanks Rick, searching "coach leaning" now.